Drill chucks and engine brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drill chucks and engine brakes

Maybe I'm the only member of the board who never knew that drill-chucks and engine brakes ("Jake brakes") were/are both produced by Jacobs Manufacturing:

http://www.jacobsvehiclesystems.com/about-us/history/

Thanks for that,I had no idea the two were related. Clessie Cummins is also a good example of what a man with an eighth grade education can accomplish
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

So would "jake brake" happen to be short for "Jacobs brake"?

I know the proper name is "compression brake" and always wondered how they ended up with "jake brake". But if Jacobs has been making them for a lot of years I can see this happening.
      Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

OK, turn in your man cards, pronto.
        And in case you didn't know, Kohler makes toilets, sinks, and engines.

--Doozer
        DZER

Comment

BSA (motorcycles) made guns and Husqvarna (chain saws) made guns.
          David Kaiser
          “You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
          ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by 38_Cal View Post
            BSA (motorcycles) made guns and Husqvarna (chain saws) made guns.
            Sure, BSA is British Small Arms.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post

--Doozer
              And Domino Sugar used to own Milwaukee tools. A bigger concern is that Jacobs is owned by Apex that has moved production to you know where.

Comment

Husqvarna also made some of the world's best sewing machines and motorcycles.

They sold the motorcycle line and name to the Piaggo group in Italy that continued making Husky motorcycles until the name was bought out by BMW a few years back. I've got a Husky 510 motard with a label under the seat that says that my bike was made by the MV Agusta factory, part of the Piaggo group.

There's lots of major names that appear in multiple product lines that seem highly incongruous.
                Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post
                  Husqvarna also made some of the world's best sewing machines and motorcycles.

They sold the motorcycle line and name to the Piaggo group in Italy that continued making Husky motorcycles until the name was bought out by BMW a few years back. I've got a Husky 510 motard with a label under the seat that says that my bike was made by the MV Agusta factory, part of the Piaggo group.

There's lots of major names that appear in multiple product lines that seem highly incongruous.
                  I have a Husky chain saw. They make a full line of landscape equipment, too

Comment

Now I'd be all over that if their chainsaws were also made by MV....

I seem to recall that Husky is also one of their major military equipment suppliers.
                    Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Doozer View Post

--Doozer
                      And Mitsubishi makes....Just about everything!

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X