Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT found an Iphone on my property

It's actually an Ipod.

Couple of days before the shed that stores garden supplies and tools door was open, I hadn’t been in there in 2 weeks.

Put 2-n-2 together and I have a thief’s phone.

I need to charge it.

I posted in the Craig’s List lost and found that I had found an Iphone on the road that I live on, and if they could ID it , it was theirs.

It has a 4 digit code to open it and will try using years.

Any ideas as to find out who’s it is?
    Thanks
    Last edited by fastfire; 03-02-2017, 10:34 AM.
    Definition: Boat, a hole in the water you throw money into!

I believe they lock after a number of failed login attempts, so I would hold off on guessing.

Leave it in shed and set up surveillance? That phone would be worth a lot to any idiot dumb enough to drop it when trying to rob someone.

Or say you found it somewhere else and advertise lost n found... maybe thief doesn't know where/when they lost it. Contact authorities.

Comment

What an interesting predicament,

anything missing from the shed?

Comment

Call the cops.
        Len

Comment

Not that I could see.
          The phone was found on a lawn more that 75yds from the road.

Comment

given that the carrier was engaged in criminal trespass, you may have a stolen iPhone. You may possess stolen property without any way to prove you did not steal it.

give it to the cops, demonstrate that you have no criminal intent and let the authorities do their thing.

I am moving to a house with a 400 foot long driveway. I am waiting on the day some fool claims he was there for innocent reasons, just wandered in off the county road.

Comment

If it has an SD card open it up and check what's on it. May recognize someone.
              If the break in was reported at the time, I'd turn it in to the police, but if it wasn't they won't take it seriously.

Doesn't Iphone allow you to name the phone as something like 'Fred's Phone'? Set your wireless to 'advertise' and turn the phone to see if you get a name? If someone is gonna break into a shed, they're gonna have the phone set to connect to any free wireless.

I live near hardy pond, during the summer it's a real party and boating spot, in spring they let the water levels drop by 12-14 feet and I walk the new 'beach' to see if I find anything interesting. I've found dozens of phones (as well as a Glock 9mm, in a bag with $680 in 20s and some small plastic baggies) and always post them (phones only, glock went to MSP) on CL, to date I've never had anyone claim them.

Comment

Originally posted by kendall View Post
                (as well as a Glock 9mm, in a bag with $680 in 20s and some small plastic baggies).

Holy crap -- yeah nothing fishy going on there,,, keep your eyes open for some water-proof boxes of cocaine and maybe a dead body or two

Comment

Don't know why this didn't occur to me earlier...

Phone probably doesn't belong to a thief, but was stolen and thrown in your yard by a thief. I have found purses and wallets with credit cards, checkbooks, etc still in them. Many petty thieves want (and can figure out) cash only. It's also safer for them as can't be traced back. They just chuck the rest of it, usually out of a moving vehicle.

Comment

yeah but ---- how did the shed door get open?

Comment

Kill it with fire.

-Doozer
                      DZER

Comment

Originally posted by softtail View Post
                        Don't know why this didn't occur to me earlier...

Phone probably doesn't belong to a thief, but was stolen and thrown in your yard by a thief. I have found purses and wallets with credit cards, checkbooks, etc still in them. Many petty thieves want (and can figure out) cash only. It's also safer for them as can't be traced back. They just chuck the rest of it, usually out of a moving vehicle.
                        If some one threw it they got on heck of an arm. 75yds off the road

Comment

1-adam 12, 1-adam 12,,, keep and eye out for a baseball player on steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
                            yeah but ---- how did the shed door get open?
                            Dunno. Left open by OP? Someone else? Blown open? But my theory is a distinct possibility. Now, if something were missing....Needless to say, we wont get to the bottom of it on this forum unless op finds phone's owner.

Comment

This is what I've tried so far; https://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-fi...t-iphone-ipad/

Comment

Working...
                              X