Coffee Pot Warming Plate ????? OT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee Pot Warming Plate ????? OT

I have a real nice drip coffee maker, it works great but the finish on the warming plate has been slowly coming off. Now bare steel is exposed in spots.
    I was thinking of taking it apart and refinishing the warmer plate. But............ I don't know what I should refinish it with.
    I'm guessing it's teflon coated from the factory. Doubtful I can ever duplicate the factory coating, so what would be my best option???? I don't know if heat resistant paint will last or even stick. Is there any type of teflon spray paint that would work?

JL...................

I would try the black barbeque grill paint. The coffee maker doesn't get nearly as hot as a grill.
    Kansas City area

Comment

You can buy self adhesive Teflon sheet on a roll, much beloved of packaging machine rolls, it stands a really high temp, and sticks on, the stuff I have is brown, well tan really, I use it on bag sealers over red hot nichrome heater, I use it on PVC frame welder heated platten (170c)
      A thought
      Mark

Comment

Grill paint will probably work for a while but I doubt very long. The sliding of the glass pot taking it on and off will probably wear it pretty fast.

It does bring up a good question though. Is there a way to apply a teflon coating like which is on the typical skillet.

Comment

machine it off and polish! then polish weekly..

BTW.. no "paint" is going stick to that coating so to do it right you'll be stripping it the hard way anyhow.
          Last edited by lakeside53; 03-04-2017, 12:39 PM.

Comment

What about any tough auto paint like engine or caliper paint? They will take the heat and caliper paint survives a lot of abuse and very high temps. If the plate is metal, I don't see why there should be an adhering problem.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Axkiker View Post
              Grill paint will probably work for a while but I doubt very long. The sliding of the glass pot taking it on and off will probably wear it pretty fast.

It does bring up a good question though. Is there a way to apply a teflon coating like which is on the typical skillet.
              My thoughts also.
              Grill paint is usually pretty thin, and is also a flat and will not repel or bead water. Compounded by the everyday rubbing of the pot it won't last long. Teflon like what is on the no stick pans is what I'm wondering about, or something close. Adhesive type films won't conform to the radius edge, so that's out. I have heard of high temp ceramic paint. That I may look into.

JL..................

Comment

Cut out a thin sheet of Aluminum with some tabs you can bend around the edges to hold it in place.
                I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Buy a cheap non-stick aluminium frying pan and cut a disk out of it to replace the damaged plate...

Comment

Originally posted by Euph0ny View Post
                    Buy a cheap non-stick aluminium frying pan and cut a disk out of it to replace the damaged plate...
                    I don't think that will work. The warmer plate has the element potted in it and is a sealed unit.

JL...................

Comment

You got me curious so I looked up a new warmer for our Bunn coffee maker. For $15 each I wouldn't waste my time trying to refinish them. Might be worth looking up yours. YMMV.

http://www.pamasco.com/bunn036520000warmerassyblk-100w120v.aspx

Comment

If you want to paint what about cerakote high heat paint ... It's pricey but wear resistant and can handle heat.
                        If you are using violence and it does not work, You are not using enough or it is upside down.
                        You can always just EDM it...

Comment

Originally posted by Highpower View Post
                          You got me curious so I looked up a new warmer for our Bunn coffee maker. For $15 each I wouldn't waste my time trying to refinish them. Might be worth looking up yours. YMMV.

http://www.pamasco.com/bunn036520000warmerassyblk-100w120v.aspx
                          If you get a Bun that leaks water call & they'll send the deal N/C. We had a dual pot unit at work & every year one leaked so I told the lady in charge of supplies I'd fix it, NO WAY she bought a new one so I have a nice one N/C & everyone got one too.

Comment

Originally posted by Westline View Post
                            If you want to paint what about cerakote high heat paint ... It's pricey but wear resistant and can handle heat.
                            Yeah, you can probably buy a new coffee maker for what one pint of Cerakote cost.

Comment

Originally posted by flylo View Post
                              If you get a Bun that leaks water call & they'll send the deal N/C. We had a dual pot unit at work & every year one leaked so I told
                              the lady in charge of supplies I'd fix it, NO WAY she bought a new one so I have a nice one N/C & everyone got one too.
                              Good to know, thanks. We just have a single (brewer) here at home but it does have 2 pots with upper and lower warmers. Knock wood.... no water leaks though. It's been a solid machine.

Comment

Working...
                              X