Freebies for local in need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freebies for local in need?

Cleaning out some idle tool boxes and I have a small pile of HSS, brazed carbide, and lantern style tool holders that I want to get rid of. If there is a hobbyist in need and local to the Milwaukee area I will be happy to give them to you. I will be keeping just a few pieces of brazed and HSS for WEDMing or grinding custom tooling, but the vast bulk is leaving. They will be in boxes, loose. The caveat - you have to take it all. I am not splitting it up or letting people cherry pick. What you do with the pile is up to you after that. If no response in few days, I will list it on other forums and CL.

Checking flight tickets to Milwaukee..

Comment

that's good of you....hopefully some newbie can get there before flylo

Comment

We have a new Maker Space in Kazoo I haven't even joined yet & was to offer to pay shipping to them. But Mcgyver need it more than they do. Mcgyver what have you offered for free?:rolleyes
        Oh I know, all that wonderful advice & sarcasm, priceless
        Last edited by flylo; 03-10-2017, 02:39 PM.
        "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
        world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
        country, in easy stages."
        ~ James Madison

Comment

That looks like hundred's of dollars of stuff! Probably more than any one guy would need.......eBay!

Comment

Zahnrad, very kind of you (same name as my brother in law) and Flylos posting offer, maker spaces seem a wonderful idea.
            Mark

Comment

First box is full. 9" x 9" x 4.5" filled with HSS, Brazed Carbides, Lantern holders of two sizes and various styles, and I even threw in a number of inserted holders. ( probably 10- 15 of them. maybe more ) ( 1/2" and 5/8" shank ) Going to go clean out all the excess HSS end mills as well. That will likely be whole other box in itself. FEMs and BEMs.

Bueller...? Bueller...? Bueller...?

Comment

Could probably be talked into giving a Snow tapping head ( cap 0 - 1/4" ) to same person, too... It's the great 5S egress of 2017...

Comment

Too far for me, or I would have been on it already. I hope somebody takes you up on this great offer.

Comment

man, I wish I was closer, but even then I wouldn't have conscionably been able to take it all as I've no need for that much tooling. In the very unlikely event that no one closer claims it, I'd be happy to pay postage on any mill tooling you want to get rid of. Probably more hassle than it's worth for you, but an option nonetheless! thanks!

Comment

Offer stands in spite of the smart *ss remark & I haven't been to the new shop but they are lacking the most on metalworking machine so I plan to donate some spare machines & you can ship directly to them so no one accuses me of using or selling. Reginal priority flat weight large boxes are the cheapest way if you decide & I'll just pay shipping to Kazoo.
                      "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
                      world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
                      country, in easy stages."
                      ~ James Madison

Comment

Zahnrad, good on ya to pay it forward. Good choice on the venue also. On PM it would have generated some odd responses I bet.
                        Best,
                        Joe

Comment

A very kind and thoughtful gesture Zahnrad!!

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by d kirby View Post
                            A very kind and thoughtful gesture Zahnrad!!

Dave
                            +1
                            Very generous indeed.

Comment

What a beautiful human gesture. Even if you can't use them yourself to do what your doing is something very special almost spiritual in nature. I don't quite understand what is happening at this moment. I need to read it more carefully have they gone yet. Don't misunderstand m I wouldn't take them myself even if I lived nearby. which I definitely do not LOL .Simply I don't need them and for me to take any would be just greed, I do hope they go to a good home or even a club . Keep on running brother. Alistair
                              Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Working...
                              X