Happy St. Patricks day to you all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy St. Patricks day to you all!

Happens to be my birthday so my son picked me up & we had a fine breakfast In a pub in Kazoo. Was there at 7AM when it opened & pint's were flowing so early in the morning. I was going to go shooting with one of my CZ green stocked Shamrocks made for the 100th aniv of the 1916 uprising but it's snowing so hard I can't see. If you hoist a pint please think a good thought for me today!

Originally posted by flylo View Post
    Happens to be my birthday so my son picked me up & we had a fine breakfast In a pub in Kazoo. Was there at 7AM when it opened & pint's were flowing so early in the morning. I was going to go shooting with one of my CZ green stocked Shamrocks made for the 100th aniv of the 1916 uprising but it's snowing so hard I can't see. If you hoist a pint please think a good thought for me today!
    What a magnificent day to have a birthday! Many happy returns.

I had an Irish coffee after lunch in honour of the glorious Saint. Then I went to the gunshop, but they had only one used rifle on the rack, so no luck. Would love to see your green CZ...

Comment

Shoulda gone to early Mass, but Grandpa Hanafin hardly ever did, so I'll just have a Guinness or two later instead.

Confusion to the Sassenachs!

Keep eye on ball.
      Hashim Khan

Comment

I should have known it is my daughter in laws birthday today . Bronwen has done a lot of research on Saint Patrick's life . It seems he had a very interesting existence-life . Alistair
        Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

My grandson was born on this date 19 years ago; then two years later on the same date he got a new sister.
          What are the odds, huh?
          Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Originally posted by lynnl View Post
            My grandson was born on this date 19 years ago; then two years later on the same date he got a new sister.
            What are the odds, huh?
            That's a great deal, but please tell me they're not named Patrick and Patricia.
            "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

Erin go Bragh

Comment

What are the odds, huh?
                My 2 sons were born naturally on the same day in Oct. The youngest named Patrick Andrew for the patron Saint of Ireland & Scotland. St Patrick was English, his color was red & corned beef & cabbage was started in New York. Oh & if they ask you in Ireland if you want black &/or white pudding it's not chocolate & vanilla.
                Last edited by flylo; 03-17-2017, 09:52 PM.

Comment

It's my mother's birthday also. She is 95 years old and still kicking, as she says. Her name is Dorothy or Dottie. So wish her a happy birthday also. She named my youngest brother Patrick.

And Happy St Patrick's day to all.
                  Paul A.
                  SE Texas

Make it fit.
                  You can't win and there IS a penalty for trying!

Comment

Originally posted by TGTool View Post
                    That's a great deal, but please tell me they're not named Patrick and Patricia.
                    They're not named Patrick and Patricia. ...But my wife is. Patricia, not Patrick.
                    Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

They're not named Patrick and Patricia. ...But my wife is. Patricia, not Patrick.
                      Hey, no judgements here...other than where your lathe came from...

Comment

Working...
                      X