OT-Motor Oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT-Motor Oil?

On another forum, a fellow was making a case that, as he described it, yellow bottle Pennzoil oil is better and rates higher in testing than synthetics like Mobile1.

I know millions of motors have run a long life on "regular" oil, and synthetics have a large following too. So are there any definitive tests that proves one over the other, or does this remain opinion based?

I will not get suckered into another oil thread!

All I know is that my trucks hydraulic lifters work MUCH better on Mobil 1 than Pennzoil.

Comment

2 stroke ultralight oils were tested & air cooled Pennzoil was rated as #1 for air & liquid cooled 2 stroke engines.

Comment

Originally posted by lakeside53 View Post
        I will not get suckered into another oil thread!

All I know is that my trucks hydraulic lifters work MUCH better on Mobil 1 than Pennzoil.
        Should be forbidden in the rules just like relion and politics.

Comment

Originally posted by MattiJ View Post
          Should be forbidden in the rules just like relion and politics.
          And anything to do with tractors, or physics, the RDM method of alignment, and potentially, lathe bearings......

Keep eye on ball.
          Hashim Khan

Comment

For lots of long - winded discussions try these links,
            http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/
            https://540ratblog.wordpress.com/201...-test-ranking/
            First is a large forum, the second is an engineer who ranks oils by their film strength according to his own method. Lots of data and info!

There is a very good reason so many manufacturers offer free oil changes. Use a non-dexos approved oil in a GM direct injection engine for 20,000 miles and you will likely have substantial build up on the back of the intake valves.
            Last edited by Leadfootin; 03-18-2017, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X