No announcement yet.

I've been cooned!!! o.t.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've got bigger fish to fry than coons right now,,, just two blocks west of me is the beginning of the canon city hogbacks, it's basically the end of town and the start of some semi-rugged terrain

last week a Mt. lion came down and took someones german shepherd right from their fenced in yard,

also one was seen crouched down looking at people walking their pets in the rec. area,

guy told me that at the top of this trail I ride up there - almost connects with my front door, said "your not going it alone further north are you?" I said yup then he mentioned the above - gave me the willies but still rode it - turned in a pretty hot lap that day i'll tell you....

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
      We've got bigger fish to fry than coons right now,,, just two blocks west of me is the beginning of the canon city hogbacks, it's basically the end of town and the start of some semi-rugged terrain

last week a Mt. lion came down and took someones german shepherd right from their fenced in yard,

also one was seen crouched down looking at people walking their pets in the rec. area,

guy told me that at the top of this trail I ride up there - almost connects with my front door, said "your not going it alone further north are you?" I said yup then he mentioned the above - gave me the willies but still rode it - turned in a pretty hot lap that day i'll tell you....
      Cats like to kill for sport, and often torture their prey before the kill. You can watch what house cats do to creatures smaller than them. Disembowling, and what not... You got bigger balls than me.

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
        They LOVE Kentucky Fried Chicken....
        Wow. Too bad we have no KFC here!

Comment

The coon saga took on another financial twist yesterday. So far, I've paid $550 to have the coons removed, and $600 to have the soffits on my houses gable end backed up with sheet metal. Yesterday the coon catcher brought one of his sons with him to quote me a price for going up on my roof with a gas powered pole saw and trimming back all of the mature tree branches overhanging the roof . Trim them all and take them away for only $100, so, in for a dime, in for dollar, I said yes and the kid worked for about 3 hours and cleaned up all the branches which coons would supposedly climb out an, drop onto my roof, and wreak some other kind of havoc. This has been a very expensive way to commune with nature!!!---Brian
          Brian Rupnow
          Design engineer
          Barrie, Ontario, Canada

Comment

It's usually good not to have trees hanging over the roof. Tree sap, leaves, and to some extent just shade, are all bad for roofs. Shade leads to algae, and the roof does not bake dry, so some kinds of rot and fungus can occur. But, coons can climb downspouts, so it's not a guarantee of prevention, if they want to get back up there. And they will tear off shingles if they think there is a hole under them.

As for KFC, it's not the special spices, but the chicken they want. So if you have cooked or fried chicken, they will go for it. Chicken legs are easy to tie the fishing line to.
            CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
              Cats like to kill for sport, and often torture their prey before the kill. You can watch what house cats do to creatures smaller than them. Disembowling, and what not... You got bigger balls than me.
              This is one of the more interesting stories in town, I remember when this happened and it was the local talk for quite sometime;

http://amarillo.com/stories/060300/usn_lion.shtml

make no mistake I did not have a comfortable ride - I almost crashed two times while trying to look behind me at speed, not a good combo for retaining your balance and staying on the trail,

they hit you from behind - stealth - and then try to crack your melon to get to the good stuff inside...
              after that pleasantry they will feed off your body for days sometimes weeks, burying it in light brush and going back when their hungry again...
              Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 03-22-2017, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OKChipmaker View Post
                Jeezzes,You fellows are running your dinner off!.22 to the head,skin(sell hide to furr dealer)gut ,the young ones season and fry,the old ones bake with taters,onions and carrots.Not as good as cotton tails or ground hog,but not bad.
                Took a couple of friends originally from Missouri bear hunting & shot a 50# coon out of a tree with my Contender 45/70. These guys knew where they scent glands were & how to prepare it & we got about 5# of pure meat which they made into shredded BBQ, best & sweetest I've ever had. They were squirrel hunter & they don't eat them in the UP at least were we go so they shot 50+ & we had another feast. That was a lot of having the camp, meeting new people & trying new things.

Comment

I've removed 3 coons from my moms attic this winter using a basic trap and peanuts and peanut butter as bait. Still can't figure out how they are getting in, been all over the possible areas of entry, fixed a couple "maybe" places, they still got in.

My state hamstrings me on their disposal though, as you are not allowed to relocate them, and gunfire is not allowed in her town.

They do make a racket when trapped and can toss the cage all about, and bend it/misshape it. They also reach and drag stuff into the cage--ruined some of my mom's hat collection. Of course she lives an hour away, and its always at night when I get the call "that cage is making noise"!

Comment

I caught a particularly obnoxious one who was determined to get a paw on me every time I got near the cage. Old towel over the cage, starting fluid under the towel. Calmed him right down, every see a totally stoned coon try to climb a tree!

Comment

A few years ago we had something in the attic. We could hear it walking around at night. We called it "the creature" One night I gathered my courage and went up into the attic with a flashlight. I saw the glowing eyes reflecting the flashlight and the little bandit mask around the eyes. It was a big one.

I had a loose soffit end cap where he came in. One day during the daytime I heard him moving around on that side of the house. I moved into action. I removed the soffit cap to provide an easy exit. I had a 10 foot piece of 1/2 inch copper tubing that I filled with cayenne pepper. I positioned it so that he was between the open lit soffit and where I inserted the copper tubing. I gave a mighty blast of air into the tubing and sent a cloud of cayenne pepper toward the creature. I heard several sneezes and the racoon promptly left the attic. I replaced the missing soffit piece and never heard from the racoon again.
                      457863656C73696F7220212000

Comment

Originally posted by Euph0ny View Post
                        Wow. Too bad we have no KFC here!
                        France and Netherlands have them, no luck for Belgium? Popeye's is better, anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Royldean View Post
                          France and Netherlands have them, no luck for Belgium? Popeye's is better, anyway!
                          Yeah but Popeye's has priced themselves out of my budget. I wonder what changes are in store for them now that Burger King is buying them?
                          “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

Lewis Grizzard

Comment

Originally posted by Royldean View Post
                            Not to get too far off topic, but Lee's Famous Recipe FTW. Churches is good too. Popeyes will do, so long as I can get some of that cajun gravy on my taters.

Comment

Working...
                            X