Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H380
    replied
    If it is a traditional chuck. Look at the bottom of it. If you have a screw it is probably left handed and has threadlocker on it. Get the screw out. Tighten the chuck on the short end of a large allen wrench. Then hit with a BFH. Take off the old chuck before you buy a new replacement to make sure of the needed thread size.

https://youtu.be/yXdrZaDZ-bg

Leave a comment:

• MattiJ
    replied
    Originally posted by kendall View Post
    Think FF is talking about a keyless chuck, if so, and the bit is long enough try to get a short length of tubing that is a close fit to the bit, need to be able to push bit and tube in, then hold tube while pulling bit.
    Never seen such a keyless drill chuck unless this is some prankster version?

Ordinary 3-jaw keyless drill chucks are mounted with left-hand screw trough the chuck. But its not possible to get to that screw if there is toolbit magically stuck in the chuck.

Leave a comment:

• kendall
    replied
    Think FF is talking about a keyless chuck, if so, and the bit is long enough try to get a short length of tubing that is a close fit to the bit, need to be able to push bit and tube in, then hold tube while pulling bit.

Leave a comment:

• MattiJ
    replied
    Originally posted by fastfire View Post
    No picture is there. It's one that you hold when tightening or loosening.

I'm guessing if there is a way to disassemble the chuck that is what i'm needing now.
    Lets try again:
    this sort of "hex chuck"?
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Makita-18...T11Z/206794357

or something completely different?

Leave a comment:

• danlb
    replied
    I don't know how to get the chuck off. All the references I see show a reverse threaded screw that you have to access through the front of the chuck. If you have the model number you can often google it to find a manual, and that might give you a clue.

Just out of curiosity, are you saying that you have a 4 inch long Phillips bit that has a hex shaft with an indent towards the blunt end, and that some mechanism inside the chuck is hung up on the indent?

Dan

Leave a comment:

• flylo
    replied
    When it doesn't work, use a bigger hammer
    Call 616 241-3448 Monday ask for service, give them the model & explain the problem.
    Last edited by flylo; 03-26-2017, 02:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• fastfire
    replied
    No picture is there. It's one that you hold when tightening or loosening.
    No crud in there. When I loosen all the way the Phillips bit is loose in the chuck but there is a circular metal ring around the bit holding it from coming out.
    I'm guessing if there is a way to disassemble the chuck that is what i'm needing now.

Leave a comment:

• MattiJ
    replied
    You mean this sort of chuck?

Happened to me also once or twice when there was too much crud in the "chuck".

Give it good blast of WD-40 and couple of good jerks on the locking sleeve.
    Pulling the bitk and the locking sleeve simultaneously and running it on forward/reverse on short bursts might also help. (clamp the bit in a vise unless you have 3 hands)

Leave a comment:

• OT Makita cordless drill'screw driver chuck problem

CORRECTION, It's a dewalt................
    I have a 4" fillips bit that I can't get out of the chuck.
    I can loosen the chuck all the way and look in it, there seams to be a round ring holding it in the chuck.
    It is't a keyed chuck.
    How to disassemble the chuck?
    Am I screwed?
    Last edited by fastfire; 03-26-2017, 05:14 PM.
Working...
X