Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good price on steel digital calipers

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121953388626...MakeTrack=true

I figured for only $5.94 they might be carbon fiber but I just received a few of these and they are in fact hardened steel and work just fine. Actually they since to be a little more refined than they used to be. I measured a current draw of 15 microamps (on or off) like the older ones so get a 50 pack of batteries too:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-Pcs-AG13-...0AAOSwTA9X4Jjd

I like a case so I got these, same one, same chino, ca, same price. eBay item number:152472776687

Comment

Originally posted by flylo View Post
      I like a case so I got these, same one, same chino, ca, same price. eBay item number:152472776687
      Yeah, but yours are better because they are DIGITAL VERNIER calipers.

Dan
      P.S. I thought that you bought a whole case of them. You only got a case with it.
      At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Hmmm, I may get a few of those too, even though I leave them loose all over the shop. Did you actually receive it (with the case) yet?

Mine also have a serial # etched on the back - never saw that before
        Last edited by martik; 03-27-2017, 01:51 AM.

Comment

How accurate are they?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironwoodsmith View Post
            How accurate are they?
            As usual with this this type cheap calipers: Typically within 0,03-0,04mm if you have zeroed the calipers recently. (Battery voltage and temperature affects zeroing on these)
            CCC's are typically more finicky about measurement technique than quality tool like mitutoyo.

Comment

Wonder why they show 2 different ones? One has the scales reversed.
              http://www.ebay.com/itm/121953388626...MakeTrack=true

Comment

So it's the same ole deal - batteries go dead quickly and you're always putting a new one in?

I hate that hassle and the waste. I suppose adding a real power on circuit would increase the cost by two cents.

Comment

They sold out already.

Comment

I just ordered 2 last night when I saw this post but usually bought the silver ones at horror fright & never had a battery issue. I have one quality set & several of these type.

Comment

Originally posted by Glug View Post
                      So it's the same ole deal - batteries go dead quickly and you're always putting a new one in?

I hate that hassle and the waste. I suppose adding a real power on circuit would increase the cost by two cents.
                      Battery hogs are usually absolute -style ie. they don't lost the zero position before you run out of battery.
                      I have one or two calipers that have 10 minute auto-power off and it loses zero position every time. Talking about !#¤%!"#¤%" annoying feature.

Battery life is not a huge problem since brand name batteries like GP go for about 3 dollar per 10-pack and one battery last about 1 year in these cheap calipers
                      My experience has been that cheapest 100-pack LR44 batteries are not worth a crap.

Comment

Originally posted by CCWKen View Post
                        They sold out already.
                        try seller "mayunstore" ------ same deal same price and free ship, he had 10 left - well should be 9 now

Comment

You get what you pay for, so if you don't pay much, don't expect much. There is a reason that Starrett, B&S, mitutoya cost so much.
                          The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Sometimes that statements true and sometimes it's not,
                            sometimes you get 5 years out of a set of calipers that cost 9 bucks and are fairly accurate for most jobs, that's amazing to me - what's even more amazing is getting them for 6 bucks years later and free shipping

of course you can spend more on chicom and get the I-gaging calipers that beat out the mitu's in an accuracy duke out and only cost 1/3rd the price, sometimes the statements true and sometimes it's not...

my 9 buck ones still work but the clear button has to be pressed long and hard to get it to clear (most likely coolant muck) and the thin internal jaws are suffering the same death most other high dollar calipers do - they are wearing down and giving a high reading due to this fact.

I paid $6.50 cents for a subway sub today that will be working its way down to pueblo tomorrow morning after my second cup of coffee, if I get another 5 years out of this next set that really kinda puts things in perspective,

they work and work damn good - I need to get more accurate i grab my mic...

Comment

Another reason for the name A.K. Boomer?
                              Hope the batteries last like the HF ones do, never a problem with the SS ones.
                              Last edited by flylo; 03-27-2017, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X