Tool score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool score

Found these Armstrong clamps in a scrap bin at the metal recycler today. I paid like 8 bucks each. Bottom one I just got cleaned and painted. Starting on the top one. Yes that is a 12" scale in there for comparison.

Sweet!

I need/want a bead blaster

Comment

List price $437 each.

You suck !

Comment

Holy crap. I didn't know I did that good. Thanks MTNGUN.

Comment

Congrats on the great deal! How did you clean them up?

Comment

Those will hold some stuff tight. Not always the most useful, as they will mark the crap out of the material unless padded. But that is pretty simple to do with a piece of 1/4" thick soft steel.
            CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
            Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
            Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
            I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
            Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripe View Post
              Congrats on the great deal! How did you clean them up?
              Just used a wire cup wheel on an angle grinder. Just surface rust so no need to use the media blaster.

Comment

Rats. I still want/need a bead blaster

Comment

$437 for a cast iron frame and a screw and they rust. They should have sent out a factory tech. to clean them up and apologize profusely for your inconvenience. I mean, for that price, they should have a triple lifetime warranty.

Well, from their web page perhaps they do: "If use of any Armstrong® Hand Tool when used for its intended purpose, fails to give complete satisfaction, return it to your Armstrong® Distributor or contact Apex Tool Group Customer Service USA (866) 907-9716, and it will be repaired or replaced free of charge. *Except Torque Products".

They don't seem to exclude rust.

http://www.armstrongtools.com/warranty

Anyway, nice find. I may have to clean up some of my own CI clamps.

Originally posted by MTNGUN View Post
                  Paul A.
                  SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
                  You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
                    $437 for a cast iron frame and a screw and they rust. .
                    I think you'll find those are forged not cast.

lg
                    no neat sig line
                    near Salem OR

Comment

YOU SUCK

Comment

Those are great clamps - we use those a lot in my industry (heavy steel fabrication for the petrochemical industry. Great find !

Comment

You have no doubt ruined the antique value by refinishing like that. Just kidding, good score and it came out very nice. How many did you get?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
                            $437 for a cast iron frame and a screw and they rust. They should have sent out a factory tech. to clean them up and apologize profusely for your inconvenience. I mean, for that price, they should have a triple lifetime warranty.

Well, from their web page perhaps they do: "If use of any Armstrong® Hand Tool when used for its intended purpose, fails to give complete satisfaction, return it to your Armstrong® Distributor or contact Apex Tool Group Customer Service USA (866) 907-9716, and it will be repaired or replaced free of charge. *Except Torque Products".

They don't seem to exclude rust.

http://www.armstrongtools.com/warranty

Anyway, nice find. I may have to clean up some of my own CI clamps.
                            Armstrong produces some top of the line tools. Their prices reflect the quality - like larry_g said, those are forged, not cast frames and they definitely stand by their products. Also, they cater to defense and aerospace industry... where buyers tend to have deep pockets. The $437 price is likely the special government rate See here: https://www.toolsource.com/cclamps-c...FR6HswodEkgHdA

Comment

Originally posted by lakeside53 View Post
                              Rats. I still want/need a bead blaster

Yes - you do!

Comment

Working...
                              X