X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSC, 30% discount and free UPS....

Anybody else get this?

mscdirect.com/join-onestop

Supposedly if you join everything is 30% off and orders over $49 are shipped UPS ground free.

The mailed offer said for loyal customers, but I haven't ordered from them in many years.

I got that in the mail, but it says up to 30% off.

Comment

I got the same letter. Wonder if they are feeling the heat from all of us previous enco customers not using them since msc is so high priced and not cost conducive for the small shop/ home shop people.

Comment

The key is "up to" & they are still double what Enco was but if you want to believe DR that's OK, we'll still respect you in the morning
        Many got the BS as we're all special & I bet we all get participation trophies too.MSC what a joke!
        Last edited by flylo; 04-21-2017, 05:08 AM.
        "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
        world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
        country, in easy stages."
        ~ James Madison

Comment

Originally posted by flylo View Post
          The key is "up to" & they are still double what Enco was but if you want to believe DR that's OK, we'll still respect you in the morning
          Many got the BS as we're all special & I bet we all get participation trophies too.MSC what a joke!
          Somebody must be buying their stuff. There is counter service at the Harrisburg, PA warehouse. That place is big enough to be it's own country.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 6PTsocket View Post
            Somebody must be buying their stuff...
            Yeah, to the tune of about $700,000,000 per quarter! I don't think they are sweating the backlash on this forum
            http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300435668.html

I "get" the frustration, but it was probably a good business move for them.

Comment

Originally posted by RichR View Post
              I got that in the mail, but it says up to 30% off.
              OOPS, I missed the "up to" part. So much for speed reading.

Comment

I would like someone, anyone to post and say "YES" I actually did get 30% off of something that they purchased. I have always seen things like the discount doesn't apply to that item or that vendor. I am still trying to find an item that I need or want that is entitled to some sort of a discount. I think its sort of misleading.
                I'm Happy because I am retired

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripe View Post
                  Yeah, to the tune of about $700,000,000 per quarter! I don't think they are sweating the backlash on this forum
                  http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300435668.html

I "get" the frustration, but it was probably a good business move for them.

Looks to me like they were feeling it to some small extent.
                  "Our second quarter growth of 2.9 percent was very welcomed after five quarters of declines in average daily sales."

Comment

Originally posted by JackD View Post
                    I would like someone, anyone to post and say "YES" I actually did get 30% off of something that they purchased. I have always seen things like the discount doesn't apply to that item or that vendor. I am still trying to find an item that I need or want that is entitled to some sort of a discount. I think its sort of misleading.
                    http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/thr...light=discount

Never had any luck with MSC but last month - for the first time ever - I did manage to get 27% on a Travers 30% code. I'm sure it will never happen again. Recently scored an 82% discount from Amazon though... hahahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Highpower View Post
                      Looks to me like they were feeling it to some small extent.
                      Maybe. Some customer loss was to be expected. I just don't think the previous situation was very good for their main business. Segmenting the market is great, but Enco and MSC were too close. You don't want your "value" business taking away from the premium offering that makes the big dollars.

Originally posted by Highpower View Post
                      Recently scored an 82% discount from Amazon though... hahahahahahaha
                      Yeah, you don't see that very often. I bought one too, but 10mm. The normal price was out of the question for me. I waited a couple of hours for them to allocate mine before posting about it here The price shot back up as soon as the stock level went down. I wonder what would have happened if we tried to order ten at those prices. Mine wasn't as heavily discounted, but it was still a good deal.

Comment

Good old MSC. They double prices and then give you *up to* 30% back.

I am SO done with them.

metalmagpie

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripe View Post
                          I waited a couple of hours for them to allocate mine before posting about it here
                          Smart move. p.s. Thanks for the heads up on that by the way.

The price shot back up as soon as the stock level went down. I wonder what would have happened if we tried to order ten at those prices.
                          Sorry..... this item has been discontinued.
                          Last edited by Highpower; 04-21-2017, 01:27 PM. Reason: p.s.

Comment

They've been tyring to entice me left and right. A month or so ago I got an email to the effect of 'we reserved a spot for you in our special program':

"Spend Time Running Your Shop, Not Shopping Around

They say time is money. But money is money, too. And, our exclusive OneStop customer program is guaranteed to save you both. No promo codes. No waiting for sales. No cost to join. Seriously, it's free.
                            WE'VE GOT YOUR BACK
                            Enhanced online tools and expert, helpful customer support to make your job easier.
                            EVERYDAY LOW PRICING
                            Exclusive savings of up to 30% off everything MSC sells, every day
                            FREE SHIPPING
                            Spend over $49 and your order will ship for free via UPS Ground."

So I hit the 'register here' button. The link takes me to MSC and a field with my name and account# filled in, and billing zip left blank with a 'register button' below that. I cannot for the life of me get the cursor to go live in the zip code box. No problem, live chat will fix it. Guess what, you have to login to use it. As far as I know I don't have an MSC acount, even if they seem to think I do. I got an email that said my Enco name/pw would transfer over, but it doesn't work. WTF.

McMasterCarr has been getting a lot more $ from me. They make it easy.

Comment

MSC isn't alone in the promo game. I looked at "All Industrial" the other day for the first time. Says to sign up for their email whatever and get a code for 10% off. I signed up and they emailed me the code. Tried to order something and the system tells me that code is no good. OK then, I'm not wasting any more time with this outfit either...

Comment

Working...
                              X