Harbor Freight "wet" palm sander?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbor Freight "wet" palm sander?

Has anyone had any experience with these: https://www.harborfreight.com/5-inch...der-66881.html

I need to clean up some rectangular steel tube for powder coating and don't have a sand blaster. Saw this in my local Harbor Freight store. I asked where the 5" Hook-n-Loop wet sanding disks for it were. The manager said, with a sort of embarrassed look, "Oh...we don't carry those. Maybe Menard's or Home Depot does."

The disks are on Amazon and probably at the auto stores. But is this a good tool?

Ken

You also need to ask yourself whether your compressor is big enough to run it. They list it as 9CFM @ 90PSI.

Comment

Good catch Rich. Probably not.

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by KMoffett View Post
        But is this a good tool?
        Almost certainly not. Sometimes you can find gems at HF. This does not appear to be one.

Comment

While not that particular sander, I have one that looks a whole lot like it from HF some 8-10 yrs ago - though not advertised as 'wet' capable. I have used it a fair amount and it is still going. As Rich pointed out it likes air, but most air tools do....
          If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something........

Comment

Working...
          X