Belt grinder kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belt grinder kit

Anyone here make or know of a belt grinder kit. After looking at a few of the production models like Bador and a few of the home built units it doesnt look to be a far stretch for someone with a CNC plasma table to provide a pre-cut kit.

Anyone know of such or happen to make one you want to give me? LOL

Thanks

KMG clone plans here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xmxebpw9x4...inder.pdf?dl=0

You can make the rolly parts or purchase them from https://beaumontmetalworks.com/shop/
    I have no connection with Beaumont other than as a satisfied customer.

He uses FEDEX ground. The shipment I got regarding these parts is why I will never use FEDEX
    ground no matter how badly I need parts. Hope I never have to deal with them again in my lifetime. No offence, Beaumont.

Mine has been running since 2009 with a 3 HP 3 phase motor and a VFD.

OT- someone was looking for a 4" grinder kit, look here
    paul
    ARS W9PCS

Esto Vigilans

Remember, just because you can doesn't mean you should...
    but you may have to

Comment

You can also find great deals here depending on stock. For motor/VFD packages.

http://dealerselectric.com/motor-drive-packages.asp

Comment

Do a Google search, a company make a kit but I can't recall the name.
        Some of the knife making forms have a TON of info.

Hal

Comment

If you want a 1" x 42", Lee Valley sells an inexpensive kit. Made in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Illinoyance View Post
            If you want a 1" x 42", Lee Valley sells an inexpensive kit. Made in Canada.
            What they sell is made in Canada by Viel. Lee Valley sells it without a motor. The supplied drive pulley fits a 1/2" motor shaft. It typically uses a 1/4 to 1/3 hp motor, which usually has a 5/8" shaft. 1/2" shafts are a lot less common. Viel also sells it direct, with or without a motor. If you buy it without a motor, make sure you can get one that fits. Reviews say that it is OK for slack belt sanding but the table is pretty flimsey. I looked pretty closely at this sander. Still looking. There is a video on the Viel site for a better look.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by H380 View Post
              You can also find great deals here depending on stock. For motor/VFD packages.

http://dealerselectric.com/motor-drive-packages.asp
              I second the recommendation for Dealerselectric. I ordered a VFD from them, paid UPS ground, and got the box 2 days later.

Comment

What size/HP do you want? Just belt grinder could be 1/2" to 10". The 2"& 3" "kits" seem like a lot $$ to me as the 8" wet/dry Kalamazoo I just bought that's 7.5 HP only sells for $5k new ready to run. I have another Kalamazoo missing the motor I want to add to & modify this one, also had collected some 3" wheels & a buffer belt driven head. Make a 4 sided "Belt Grinder/Buffer Center". Also a 12"x3" 2 wheel grinder with vacuum galv piping on both wheels works great $75 with at least a dozen wheels. Also have a 3HP variable speed motor from a spray weld wire spool, still have the whole thing & it works fine but the motor has a hand size hex knob to adjust the speed. So much good junk so little time.
                "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
                world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
                country, in easy stages."
                ~ James Madison

Comment

Originally posted by flylo View Post
                  What size/HP do you want? Just belt grinder could be 1/2" to 10". The 2"& 3" "kits" seem like a lot $$ to me as the 8" wet/dry Kalamazoo I just bought that's 7.5 HP only sells for $5k new ready to run. I have another Kalamazoo missing the motor I want to add to & modify this one, also had collected some 3" wheels & a buffer belt driven head. Make a 4 sided "Belt Grinder/Buffer Center". Also a 12"x3" 2 wheel grinder with vacuum galv piping on both wheels works great $75 with at least a dozen wheels. Also have a 3HP variable speed motor from a spray weld wire spool, still have the whole thing & it works fine but the motor has a hand size hex knob to adjust the speed. So much good junk so little time.
                  Something along the lines of this is what im thinking. Probably needs to be in the 2hp range.

http://www.hawkinsknifemakingsupplies.com/17.shtml

Ive seen several on youtube make them at home and dont see why someone with a CNC plasma table couldnt work up a "U-Weld" kit that could be shipped out. Allow the buyer to assemble and find whatever motor / vfd they wanted.

Maybe I need to invest in a CNC table now lol

It just never ends hahahah

Comment

Idea for a new sticky...... flylo ----"so much good junk so little time "

Comment

Working...
                    X