Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lynnl
    replied
    When you first click on the link the video starts near the mid point. If you back up to the beginning you see that he initially started trying to lift it with one hoist, then when that proved inadequate he added a second one.

He'd gotten it off the trailer and was in the process of lowering it when the "fit hit the shan." Appears to me that after liting and having it supported by two hoists, that he then dumped all the weight onto one.

Also I noticed the mishap occurs at exactly the midpoint. Strikes me as an odd coincidence

Leave a comment:

• flylo
    replied
    He could have lost a body part or died, it's just a machine & could have been much worse. Who films themself unloading a machine anyway? If he was showing his rigging skills he failed.

Leave a comment:

• vpt
    replied
    The concrete is the worst part. An ever lasting reminder of the worst day ever.

Leave a comment:

• flylo
    replied
    Did you notice the last several minutes he was pulling the chain & nothing was moving? I bought a really nice 4' fot the young man I helped set up a shop. The guy wanted it gone & wanted $500 bottom $$, I offered him $$300 & felt bad I missed it so I get a call from the guy asking if I still want it so I said yep for $300. He told me a guy bought it & came with a horror fright trailer & small car. He said he told him it would crush the trailer but the the said put it on. It crushed the trailer & he waited a week & called me, The trailer was still here, what a rigger,eh! Bought a 35 ton ironworker from a local member & about an inch off the ground the 3/8" chain broke. I've hauled more but it's a manual & sooo top heavy. Truck handled it fine just went very slow around corners.

Leave a comment:

• plunger
    replied
    A bit of jb weld and hes good to go.Do you think if it is fixable.?

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    replied
    Originally posted by PStechPaul View Post
    Wow, that was really some let-down!

It was hard to see just how it was suspended. He seemed to be using a chain fall but what broke seemed more like a block and tackle (pulleys and rope).
    It's a 15ton Shaw bridge crane which is basically a hand operated cable hoist.They work fine,when the cable isn't rotten.

Leave a comment:

• A.K. Boomer
    replied
    Boy that's gonna leave a mark,,,

beware of any future "Craigs List Deals" lol

Leave a comment:

• Tundra Twin Track
    replied
    I bet he crapped his pants,that's a big drill.

Leave a comment:

• PStechPaul
    replied
    Wow, that was really some let-down!

It was hard to see just how it was suspended. He seemed to be using a chain fall but what broke seemed more like a block and tackle (pulleys and rope).

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    started a topic Oh Man that's not good!

Oh Man that's not good!

Ouch!

https://youtu.be/0Ako5guyzNg?t=5m54s

I feel sick and it's not even mine
Working...
X