Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The first shop tour I've seen using a drone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first shop tour I've seen using a drone.

The video is about making a guide for gun-drilling a part. The shop tour is at the end of the video. If I used a drone for a tour of my garage/shop, it would hover at seven foot altitude and rotate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPUZ1Rc4ldU

Hope this post meets the guidelines set in a previous thread.

Starts at 18:25

Comment

I noted the extensive use of jib cranes.

Comment

Lol...forked jibs or hetro jibs?

Comment

He must have been working in the evening or on the weekend. Not another sole around in the building.

Comment

Whatever is flying is not affected by the Newtonian laws of motion.

I think they 3D imaged the whole shop then flew a massless POV virtual camera through the compiled image. What tipped me off is no acceleration, no bounce. Instant motion, instance change in direction, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Forrest Addy View Post
              Whatever is flying is not affected by the Newtonian laws of motion.

I think they 3D imaged the whole shop then flew a massless POV virtual camera through the compiled image. What tipped me off is no acceleration, no bounce. Instant motion, instance change in direction, etc.
              I think its just playing something like 3x real speed. Just look at the guy and his head motion.
              Latest drones with 3-axis camera gimbal can produce suprisingly stable video even without any post processing.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicholas View Post
                If I used a drone for a tour of my garage/shop, it would hover at seven foot altitude and rotate.
                He has also done a (hand held) video of his home garage set-up. He has a Haas in there too. It could be even more cramped than yours!

Comment

Working...
                X