OT - Live Steam Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - Live Steam Forum

I am interested in all things mechanical. I followed an ad here to the Live Steam website. I joined the forum. While the forum shows over 1500 threads I can't see any of them. Do I need to know some one or is there a secret password? How can I can look at the trains??

Thanks!
    "CX" - I am addicted to brake fluid but I can stop anytime.
    https://www.facebook.com/SkullyWoodMetal/

Originally posted by ConductorX View Post
    I am interested in all things mechanical. I followed an ad here to the Live Steam website. I joined the forum. While the forum shows over 1500 threads I can't see any of them. Do I need to know some one or is there a secret password? How can I can look at the trains??

Thanks!
    "There have been no posts in the last 60 days in this forum. Try using the controls below to search for any older posts that may exist.

Thread Display Options
    Show threads from the... "

Select show threads from the last year or from the beginning

Comment

I think my account needs to be activated. I searched for all posts and still got nothing. All forums show private.

Thanks,
      "CX"

Comment

I think my account needs to be activated. I searched for all posts and still got nothing. All forums show private.

Thanks,
        "CX"
        I can see the posts just fine and I am not even registered.

Comment

Chaski has a much more active live steam forum.

Comment

I never visited the Live Steam forums before but I tried just now and could not see anything. Something is definitely not working there.

I will send a notification to our moderator. I don't know if he also moderates the steam forums, but he should know who does.
            Paul A.
            SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
            You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

I did notify out moderator via e-mail. I would not expect any action or answer before tomorrow.
              Paul A.
              SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
              You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Thanks,
                "CX"
                Might try here: https://www.smokstak.com/forum/

Comment

Thanks!
                  With both this forum and the Live Steam forum you can view the threads even if you are not a member; membership is only needed to reply to a thread or to post a new one. The problem lies not with you, but is due to the fact that the LS forum is far less active than this one and the pages only show posts within a certain time range.

Even without being logged on, I see this on the main page:

Clicking on the top forum, "Steam Trains," brings me to this page (note, I added the arrows):

At the bottom in the "Thread Display Options" you need to click on the "Show threads from the..." drop-down menu (left side arrow). This will give you more time options. I clicked on the option at the bottom of the choices, "Beginning." Now, click on the "Show Threads" button (right arrow) and you should see the following:

Hopefully that should do the trick. If you are having further problems in using the site or any other problems, contact the editor, Neil Knopf, at [email protected].
                  George
                  Traverse City, MI

Comment

Thank you all for the positive responses.

"CX"

Comment

Working...
                    X