Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A $97,000 tapered roller bearing ??? REALLY ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A $97,000 tapered roller bearing ??? REALLY ???

While looking for something else on Fleabay I found a listing for a $97,000 Timkin Tapered Roller Bearing...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TIMKEN-HM261...EAAOSwpLNYAPRJ

Really? Is this a case of 100, or is this a really really REALLY nice roller bearing? What would make a roller bearing cost $97K ???

Its big, double-row and heavy!
    Southwest Utah

Comment

Wow, did a search and found one place that is seemingly legit.
      https://wbcindustrial.com/timken-hm2...roller-bearing

Only $104,046.87

Comment

It's cheaper and or easier for a vendor to put a ridiculous price on an item he is out of stock on than to create a new listing. Or, I am completely wrong and thats an insanely expensive bearing

Comment

you could pay $104,000 + for the same bearing depending on where you buy it.
          I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Seems expensive but it is 12" bore or there a bouts.
            Mark

Comment

Oooo, perfect for a rotary table!
              Andy

Comment

Thats the one Bain needs for his jib crane base..

Comment

Years ago we used to get a fair number of NOS bearings in at work of various types.Everything from little 609 ball bearings all the way up to a pair of 40" crane turn table slew rings.
                  One set we had were some RHP angular contact duplex pairs of about a 120mm bore.These turned out were made to order by RHP and had a 10 week lead time.We had these listed in an industrial surplus clearing house publication and as luck would have it got a call from a company in New Jersey that needed them badly.
                  They paid us the $2100 retail RHP wanted for new,and extra $500 to bring them to the airport and bought them a first class seat on the next plane flying out of NOLA headed to NJ.

It all depends on how rare a bearing is and how badly someone needs it.
                  I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Well, if you want a best grade, or a grade PAST the best grade, for a bearing of large size, between say 12" and 48" ID, you can expect to pay big money for it
                    CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

At least they offer free shipping. This one is over $56,000 plus $12.95 shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skf-239-710-...3D272413434765
                      Jim H.

Comment

I don't think I wouldn't be buying something like that from ebay.....why would you unless its a discontinued part (which i doubt as stuff like that would likely be made to order)
                        Last edited by Mcgyver; 05-18-2017, 07:42 AM.
                        in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Originally posted by JCHannum View Post
                          At least they offer free shipping. This one is over $56,000 plus $12.95 shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skf-239-710-...3D272413434765
                          Wow, that works out to only a little over 1½¢ per pound, at 818 pounds. Excellent shipping rate!

Dan L
                          Salem, Oregon

Comment

You silly kids.....that's a government price, in the rest of the world that bearing is 229.50

Comment

I remember seeing photo's of some 3 foot diameter roller bearings being cutup with oxy acetylene, they were counterfeit.

Comment

Working...
                              X