Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A $97,000 tapered roller bearing ??? REALLY ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Bulliss
    replied
    Originally posted by achtanelion View Post
    Hmmmm.... Your only 2 posts are only slightly related to the subject, but pushing a single company?

Reported
    Thanks for the heads-up. He's gone.

Leave a comment:

• achtanelion
    replied
    Originally posted by adam View Post
    That's a pricey bearing! If you need urethane covered bearings you can contact:
    Hmmmm.... Your only 2 posts are only slightly related to the subject, but pushing a single company?

Reported

Leave a comment:

• adam
    replied
    That's a pricey bearing! If you need urethane covered bearings you can contact: https://plantech.com/urethane-bearings/

Leave a comment:

• doctor demo
    replied
    Originally posted by Machtool View Post
    Its a bogus number HM261040TD if that's Timken, Try and find that on an official Timken site.
    Amazon has one in stock for $99,246 and it appears to be a "good" Timken part number.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• macona
    replied
    Originally posted by Machtool View Post
    Even the worst of the stooge site's suggest that's a 12 x 18mm bearing. Which brings it undone, 3mm per side, not enough to squeeze rollers into.
    Nowhere it says mm, its probably 12" bore, 18" OD.

Leave a comment:

• TN Pat
    replied
    BUT - the real question is, can you tram a Taig mini mill off of it???

Leave a comment:

• Machtool
    replied
    Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
    Well, if you want a best grade, or a grade PAST the best grade, for a bearing of large size, between say 12" and 48" ID, you can expect to pay big money for it
    Even the worst of the stooge site's suggest that's a 12 x 18mm bearing. Which brings it undone, 3mm per side, not enough to squeeze rollers into.

Leave a comment:

• Machtool
    replied
    Its a bogus number HM261040TD if that's Timken, Try and find that on an official Timken site.

Leave a comment:

• Ian B
    replied
    This company is called "Discount Bearings" - I'd dread to think what the full price should be .

Ian

Leave a comment:

• wierdscience
    replied
    Originally posted by JCHannum View Post
    At least they offer free shipping. This one is over $56,000 plus $12.95 shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skf-239-710-...3D272413434765
    Weighs 820 lbs,I'd say $12.95 for shipping is a bargain

Leave a comment:

• boslab
    replied
    Originally posted by old mart View Post
    I remember seeing photo's of some 3 foot diameter roller bearings being cutup with oxy acetylene, they were counterfeit.
    j
    I saw the same, company dealing in fake drill head bearings for oil and gas drilling rigs, sending them on to USA, fake brand etc, little where house up north
    Mark

Leave a comment:

• mudnducs
    replied
    100 grand is small change on structures that cost many millions of dollars.

Leave a comment:

• MattiJ
    replied
    And how much for this:
    "
    The largest Bearing has a diameter of 13,3 meters and a weight of 70 tons, according to SKF. It is said to be made for the oil field “Terra Nova” outside the Canadian coast."

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied
    Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post
    I just looked at a job for reconditioning (sandblast and paint) all the structural parts a 175' Ferris wheel - The bearings went so the whole think had to come down. If the bearings were 100,000, my guess is they'd still be a small part of the overall cost
    I'd say screw the technology, I'll take some plain bearings and automatic oilers.

Leave a comment:

• Mcgyver
    replied
    I just looked at a job for reconditioning (sandblast and paint) all the structural parts a 175' Ferris wheel - The bearings went so the whole think had to come down. If the bearings were 100,000, my guess is they'd still be a small part of the overall cost

Leave a comment:

Working...
X