Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shop tool bateries. The button type for calipers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shop tool bateries. The button type for calipers.

After reading Mr. Martik's post re: inexpensive calipers he showed a link for the batteries we use. I could never use this many batteries. It was more of a will the batteries come kind of purchase.

Well they came. $2.18 delivered. How does that even happen. I cant mail this small package across town much less the Ocean (batteries included).

I checked a large cross section of the cells and they are on point for voltage. Current? Time will tell.

So yeah, get it while you can 50 pack of button batteries. JR

Originally posted by martik View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/121953388626...MakeTrack=true

I measured a current draw of 15 microamps (on or off) like the older ones so get a 50 pack of batteries too:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-Pcs-AG13-...0AAOSwTA9X4Jjd
    They didnt take long to get here and the packaging was proper..

Last edited by JRouche; 05-20-2017, 05:40 PM.

Those with hearing aids that use that size (rare these days) go through them like crazy. For us regular folks keeping the unused cells in the fridge will do much to keeping them fresh for years. Just let them warm up to room temp before putting into the tools or other things that use such cells.

I've found a number of small LED penlights tend to use the S76 size cells. Typically two or three at a go. So being able to buy them in bulk is a nice option. I've got a few of those along with some digital calipers. So thanks for the links to the cheap cell purchasing.

I've got a couple or three of the cheap Asian digital calipers. I found that even when "off" that they tended to suck the cells dry in only a couple of months. Since I've been removing the cells between uses I find that they last for a few years. Mostly I use imperial dial calipers. No cell to die and reasonably easy to read. I only use the digitals these days when working in metric.
    Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

I bought a pack & ordered 2 calipers only found 2 with he hard cases & think the same same price of $5.98? Look just like the silver HF ones & they don't use a battery a year but they came with no cases so I e-mailed the seller who refunded me one so I got 2 for 1 & will just live without the hard cases si $2.99 ea

Comment

Yeah, I never buy batteries at the store any more. Any batteries.

And yes, I have one of those huge 50 packs of button cells. Had them for a good two years already, still work fine.

9 volts are expensive, even from ebay, but not outrageous like the local box store.

Comment

Originally posted by michigan doug View Post
          Yeah, I never buy batteries at the store any more. Any batteries.

And yes, I have one of those huge 50 packs of button cells. Had them for a good two years already, still work fine.

9 volts are expensive, even from ebay, but not outrageous like the local box store.
          Those ebay 50 or 100 packs vary from totally useless to actually usable.
          I have been buying GP batteries from ebay, a bit more expensive but way better quality.

--
          Bean counters decided to buy cheapest of cheap AA batteries at the local steel mill... didn't end up well because those nasty bast..batteries leaked inside variety of instruments. Not big deal on your flashlight but leaked batteries inside couple of 10000 usd ultrasonic flaw detectors or other fancy gear quickly negates the savings visioned by the bean counters.

Comment

Working...
          X