How Does An Arbor Get Like This ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Does An Arbor Get Like This ????

I just could never figure this out !!!!!!!

JL................

Abuse, over and over.

Steve

Comment

I think I am seeing file marks. Perhaps the user "beat it up some" then filed it off to make it a better fit for the spindle.

Comment

You should keep the dogs out of the shop

Comment

probably not used for a few years and kept in a box full of other stuff. Often at exhibitions I see boxes and totes full of cutters drills and reamers just thrown in together, hauled around from show to show ..........

Comment

I am thinking it may have spun in the spindle , then stuck, then got high spots cleaned up..
            So glad uts not my spindle..

Comment

I'm seeing lots of dents from pulling the shank into the taper while both are covered with chips. The chips get embedded into the softer shank leaving indentations when picked off with a file. Definitely not a candidate for the "good housekeeping" seal of approval. I've seen this happen in shops where an air gun is used to blow of the chips. The tool shanks are clean but the air blast blows stuff everywhere, including into the spindle.

Comment

Originally posted by Baz View Post
                probably not used for a few years and kept in a box full of other stuff. Often at exhibitions I see boxes and totes full of cutters drills and reamers just thrown in together, hauled around from show to show ..........
                I won a lot of inspection tools on our favorite big auction site... all nicely arrayed on a table for the photo. A couple of dial indicators, a digital micrometer, some magnetic indicator stands, etc... When I got the shipment everything had been tossed into a priority mail box and taped shut... no packing.

Comment

Thrown into a drawer by a careless worker over and over again. Why should they care? The company is rich, right?

metalmagpie

Comment

Looks like chips left in a dirty spindle.
                    Then said shank was inserted and tightened on top of the chips.

Comment

abuse covers it. I have seen arbors and collects beat up like that in every shop I have worked in. not just those tools but all tools. that are supplied by the company. after all the company has lots of money and it is not mine anyway.

Comment

We do not see the other end (the working end) of the tool.

Perhaps it has been used as a forming tool; like put into a suitable hole an anvil like device and the working end beaten on.

Comment

Working...
                        X