Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Centroid Acorn CNC control, available...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centroid Acorn CNC control, available...???

I see the Centroid site for this item says something about "pre-order now, available in three weeks". That's been up for at least a month. Anybody know if they're shipping yet? Original release date was announced as April 5.

I don't even see a way to pre-order. And, for sure, I don't want to order serial #1.

Why not call Centroid and ask? They have a phone number on the contact info on the website. That would surely get you more accurate information than asking here.

I certainly wouldn't be anxious to order it until many are out there and in service with resulting reviews. Serial number 1000 might still be risky.

Comment

On the specific webpage dealing with acorn there is no contact info. That's why I asked.

Comment

Originally posted by DR View Post
        On the specific webpage dealing with acorn there is no contact info. That's why I asked.
        Use the link on the acorn page to the Centroid homepage, "Contact Us" is there on the left side.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky_NY View Post
          Use the link on the acorn page to the Centroid homepage, "Contact Us" is there on the left side.
          Of course I could do that, I know there are individuals on this site who may have more info than Centroid want's to offer to the public right know.

Comment

I am sure it will be worth the wait. I run a Centroid on a Series II BP, and it is far more solid and capable than the old Mach 3 controller I previously ran. Centroid makes some serious hardware/software.

Comment

Originally posted by DR View Post
              I see the Centroid site for this item says something about "pre-order now, available in three weeks". That's been up for at least a month. Anybody know if they're shipping yet? Original release date was announced as April 5.

I don't even see a way to pre-order. And, for sure, I don't want to order serial #1.
              I'm getting edgy too DR so I emailed Keith @ Centroid to make sure it is close to being launched & this is what he said on the 17th of this month:

Milton,
              Hello.
              I have your name on the list..no worries..
              we are very close to going public.
              i'll email you when i go live with the paypal button:-)
              Best regards,
              Keith

If you want I'll PM you when I get a notice to pull the trigger.
              Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Working...
              X