Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT-5 vehicle pileup - i was in the middle of it! Some metalworking content...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dalee100 View Post
    Hi,

This why you always go to the ER after an accident. You have no clue how you might be injured. What feels fine immediately afterwards, possibly won't feel so fine the next day. And you should be on record for insurance.

Your no fault insurance will cover you. I recommend you both go for a check even yet.

A cautionary tale.
    Many years ago I was on scene of a car accident. I was doing triage. I had a "gut feeling" about one passenger. But he adamently refused transport. He appeared ok enough to wait for the next ambulance, (he was ambulatory and oriented), which was 10 to 15 minute out.

I had to watch him die on scene. Knowing I couldn't do a bloody thing about it. Turns out he had an injured aorta. It ruptured before we could transport.

Go see the flipping doctor.
    Was taken to ER. X-rays​, BP, etc. Actually got a pretty good exam from the EMT in the ambulance, too. Am following up with my own doctor.
    Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
    ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

My wife needed an explanation for her Facebook page.

I suggested that "We were victims of the vicissitudes of violent vehicular velocity variation."

Might as well share it here, too.

I am much better, recovering from back injuries much less severe than her broken arm.
      Weston Bye - Author, The Mechatronist column, Digital Machinist magazine
      ~Practitioner of the Electromechanical Arts~

Comment

Originally posted by Weston Bye View Post
        I suggested that "We were victims of the vicissitudes of violent vehicular velocity variation."

Might as well share it here, too.
        Glad to hear that you are doing well. Too bad you don't speak with that 1960s stereotype German accent. Then it would be:

"Ve Vere victims of the vicissitudes of violent vehicular velocity variation"
        At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Working...
        X