X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RB211
    replied
    Originally posted by Alistair Hosie View Post
    Although these are very fine examples of mankind's abilities to take on big challenges, I look at them and they are also to me a work of combined art. Really eye wateringly beautiful just like the Beethoven violin concerto
    Am I the only one who sits back and listens to that with their eyes closed and feels my eyes welling up music as art also can be almost spiritual that way. Alistair
    American locomotives tend to resemble function over form, bolting appliances, and running pipe where it is convenient, the British tend to be form over function, made steam locomotives incredibly beautiful, and mx a bit of a nightmare with all the running gear inside the frame, and the Germans tend to be highly engineered, functional, and good looking. Yes, all steam locomotives are works of art in my opinion, especially when fired up!

Leave a comment:

• Alistair Hosie
    replied
    Although these are very fine examples of mankind's abilities to take on big challenges, I look at them and they are also to me a work of combined art. Really eye wateringly beautiful just like the Beethoven violin concerto
    Am I the only one who sits back and listens to that with their eyes closed and feels my eyes welling up music as art also can be almost spiritual that way. Alistair

Leave a comment:

• tmc_31
    replied
    Yes, thanks for sharing! Thoroughly enjoyed the engine pictures.

Tim

Leave a comment:

• 3illmesmart
    replied
    Thanks for sharing. Looks like a wonderful place to visit.

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied
    And just for historical purposes, Reinhard Heydrich's home that he grew up in, right next to the hotel we stay at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied

52 class, 6000 were made during WW2. Last used in 1970's. This one is last remaining to burn coal dust.

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    started a topic DB Museum in Halle, Germany

DB Museum in Halle, Germany

I finally got a Saturday off while on a layover in Halle, and got a chance to visit this museum. Enjoy...
    T8 Prototype, also 89 class on DR

03 class, this engine still runs on excursions

Last edited by RB211; 05-27-2017, 10:43 AM.
Working...
X