No announcement yet.

Small compressor problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

40 + years ago I bought a used Quincy rig from an outfit that was converting service stations to convenience stores. I traded the big verticle tank for an old 60 gallon, horizontal Wayne tank. When the bottom of the wayne started hissing, I took it to a sheet metal shop that is certified for boiler repair work. They cut the whole bottom out of the tank, rolled a 10 gauge patch, and welded it in. It's been going strong for over 30 years now.
    “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

Lewis Grizzard

Comment

I know it's shot, uses an old ac compressor. Need to replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by 754 View Post
        Well I dont know if I can get a tank with everything on it , mount up top for head and motor, handlebar, wheels and foot to hold it level..... Be a lot of work to put on another tank..and of course more welding.
        Is there a relatively cheap way to thickness test ?
        If it has a pin hole rusted in,then it's done.Where there is one pin hole,there are usually more nearby waiting to open.

One possible source for a tank,is any local big box stores that sell air compressors.Sometimes they will have a warranty return on a pump that slung a rod and will turn loose of those cheap,since they usually end up in a landfill.I've gotten two new tanks like that in years past,that came with new motors as a bonus.
        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Working...
        X