Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plunger
    replied
    I would just weld it. I did this to my new one which was leaking from the weld around the drain plug. I was to lazy to return it to the hardware and I bought it in the late eightys.Still going fine.

Leave a comment:

• flylo
    replied
    Put a new tank on it & keep this one drained. Easyto find newer tanks where cheap compressors fail & easy to change.

Leave a comment:

started a topic Small compressor problem

Small compressor problem

I have a twin cylinder compressor, the type with the approx 16 x30 inch tank, motor and head up top.
    Bought it lightly used in 87.. Ran it most year round, daily , till 2015.
    Did not drain regularly, was lax on that. In the last year or two of regular use it had started to leak, so I would turn it off when not in use. A bit hard to access it, so did not find the leak till my 2015 move.
    So now I know it is near the drain end , near bottom, right in the centre of the weld.

Since last year I use it occasionally. Plug it in, do what I need it for, turn it off. After filling , not being used it will kick in after say 10 minutes, due to the leak.

So I can live with it like that. Not sure if it should be welded, or if its probably not worth it.
    I dont really feel its dangerous but could be wrong. I use it at most a few hours a week, if that

Any thoughts, or advice.. I do have another too big compresser.
    Thanks Guys.
Working...
X