Cetus3D printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cetus3D printer

I just wanted to post my two cents worth about this Cetus3D printer.
    { https://www.cetus3d.com/index.html}. I've it over a month and I've used it almost every day. Their software needs some tweaking but there's been two updates in the last month so they are working on it.
    I have a CNC hot wire foam cutter and a CNC router and I've always wondered if an uninterruptible power supply would keep one of them going in the event of a power failure. So I plug the Cetus into my UPS and started a small print job. After it started printing I jerked the plug on the UPS. It never missed a hitch. So I set up and started a 5 Hour print job. About an hour and a half into that print job, the clumsy bastard I am, I tripped over the power cord and jerked it out of the printer. Oops. Okay, their software says the printer will remember where it was in the event of a power outage. So I immediately picked up the print head and smoothed out the soft plastic where it stopped. Then I reset the printer started it back up and after it initialized, a window popped up and said do you want to continue I said yes. (DUH) When the part was finished you could not tell where the power outage occurred. Needless to say, I’m very pleased with this printer.

Not affiliated, just a happy user.
    Gary Davison
    Tarkio, Mo.

Good deal!How long did delivery take once it shipped?
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Weird.
      Mine took about ten days.

gld. I've been using mine just about every day as well. partnered with Fusion360 it is a great combination.
      Right now I'm printing some prototypes for work.
      I have to say Cetus is very easy to use. Tey anticipated a lot of the fiddly programing stuff that my Prusa-gave up on it-puts its operators through.

Comment

Yes I'm very pleased with mine - had it a few weeks now. It's even better now I've fitted the 'tool balancer' mod to stop the Y arm falling when the power goes off. Still waiting for my heated bed to arrive which is about two weeks overdue.

Thread here about my experiences with the printer:

http://madmodder.net/index.php/topic,12104.0.html

Comment

Love mine. Took under a week for delivery.

Comment

All the links I try associated with this brand are broken. Anyone have a working link ?

Comment

The link gld provided in post #1 works.

Comment

I always get "Webpage is not available" Weird

Comment

Mine is great too, and the Heated bed just arrived but I haven't installed it. I want to try ABS.

Comment

Is this the one that was demo'ed at NAMES this year.

Is it true that one of the plastics can be dissolved with acetone so that a pattern can be printed and placed in investment, melted out and than metal poured in. It would sure simplify investment casting.
                    The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Originally posted by loose nut View Post
                      Is this the one that was demo'ed at NAMES this year.

Is it true that one of the plastics can be dissolved with acetone so that a pattern can be printed and placed in investment, melted out and than metal poured in. It would sure simplify investment casting.
                      PLA had been used for that, but is not ideal. They make filaments just for this.

Comment

I think I may just pull the trigger on one.Did anybody buy the extended height version?Any reason not to?
                        I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

I'm really diggin' the linear rails on that thing. I have a Prusa clone that I built from a kit and it works surprisingly well but if I was shopping for a 3D printer the Cetus would be at the top of the list.
                          www.thecogwheel.net

Comment

Guys, let me just say that you really want a heated bed, PEI surface and the self leveling is very nice. Also the slicer software makes a huge difference. Simplify3d was well worth the price. I wish my Prusa was done with the aluminum extrusions. It looks like a nice printer, just needs those additions.

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                              Guys, let me just say that you really want a heated bed, PEI surface and the self leveling is very nice. Also the slicer software makes a huge difference. Simplify3d was well worth the price. I wish my Prusa was done with the aluminum extrusions. It looks like a nice printer, just needs those additions.
                              The Prusa clone I built has the self leveling feature. It is mostly made with aluminum extrusions. I used Cura - first print I did turned out great.
                              www.thecogwheel.net

Comment

Working...
                              X