Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea .. and I hear that pilot union (ALPA) has never done anything for the damn poor pilots.
    John Titor, when are you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Amick View Post
      Yea .. and I hear that pilot union (ALPA) has never done anything for the damn poor pilots.
      ALPA was a flaming joke, I am a Teamster 1224 now.
      Last edited by RB211; 06-05-2017, 11:03 PM.

Comment

It's probably the oil coating on the tool at a guess it's hydrocarbon so there's benzine or toluene, xylene or all
        Mark

Comment

Probably chromium or vanadium in the steel itself. As I remember from my time at Brownells Tech Support, if a product didn't have the label, you could be sued for non-compliance...and there were law firms set up just to tattle on you to the state...they got a big cut of the fines! Did you know that 99% of lawyers make the rest look bad?
          David Kaiser
          “You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.”
          ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

So many stories about experiences when working in California, but so little time.
            Plant had a ladder to a maintenance mezzanine, and was told it had to have stairs (CAL OSHA) as my mechanics carried tools/parts with them
            So, we put in Stairs. Next safety inspector said they were not acceptable because a lady with high heels could get stuck in the openings in the grated steps.
            Said " we don't have any lady mechanics nor do we allow high heels" ............. Then I was told we were "sexists" and got a citation.
            Had to replace the treads with solid material, which then became a slip hazard as the floors were wet sometimes. But my guys could now wear high heels.

They truly are different there.
            Rich
            Green Bay, WI

Comment

You should have ask them to cite a source of OSHA approved high heeled safety footwear suitable for that environment.

Comment

Living in California is a real trial for those of us who have something resembling common sense.

I desperately want to take one of their ubiquitous Prop 65 (known to...) signs to a testing laboratory and have them determine that as it ages it outgasses dangerous gases. Then force the state to put Prop 65 warning signs on all their Prop 65 warning signs.

Governor Moonbeam (Jerry Brown) wants to solve global warming by having everyone drive a bicycle. This in a state that perfected the automobile culture. The bike lane signs are everywhere and there's even an effort afoot in the legislature to pass a law that says bicyclists can treat stop signs as yield signs.

I want to solve the problem a different way. Mandate bicycle lanes next to the fast lanes on the freeways. The two-wheeler idiots in their clown suits and rubber-band helmets are just dumb enough to try to use them. Problem solved.
                Regards, Marv

Home Shop Freeware - Tools for People Who Build Things
                http://www.myvirtualnetwork.com/mklotz

Comment

Hummm, I think I will bring a bunch of those signs on my next visit there.

I wonder how they label sodium chloride there. That's two of the most poisonous elements on the periodic table.

Originally posted by polaraligned View Post
                  Silica can cause lung cancer. Do they have signs on all the beaches stating that the beach contains a chemical known to the state to cause lung cancer?
                  Paul A.
                  SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
                  You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Originally posted by mklotz View Post
                    Living in California is a real trial for those of us who have something resembling common sense.

I desperately want to take one of their ubiquitous Prop 65 (known to...) signs to a testing laboratory and have them determine that as it ages it outgasses dangerous gases. Then force the state to put Prop 65 warning signs on all their Prop 65 warning signs.

Governor Moonbeam (Jerry Brown) wants to solve global warming by having everyone drive a bicycle. This in a state that perfected the automobile culture. The bike lane signs are everywhere and there's even an effort afoot in the legislature to pass a law that says bicyclists can treat stop signs as yield signs.

I want to solve the problem a different way. Mandate bicycle lanes next to the fast lanes on the freeways. The two-wheeler idiots in their clown suits and rubber-band helmets are just dumb enough to try to use them. Problem solved.
                    In San Francisco, people cross the road without looking, hell, they even walk around naked in the middle of the city. A very common occurrence is homeless people masturbating in parks. A true liberal utopia. Be very thankful they do not run the country. It's bad enough we let them take over the media and education system.
                    Last edited by RB211; 06-06-2017, 12:45 AM.

Comment

calmed down ...
                      Last edited by Mike Amick; 06-06-2017, 04:04 AM.
                      John Titor, when are you.

Comment

Originally posted by mklotz View Post
                        I think that might have happened. It was that, or some other warning sticker... lead? That was several years ago, so it might not pop up with a quick search. (It didn't.)

Comment

Working...
                        X