First hole with Tree Taper Boring Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First hole with Tree Taper Boring Head

I cut my first taper with the taper boring head tonight. The line at the bottom of the hole is where the taper meets the 3/4"
    straight hole, I actually went a little too deep.
    I had to center up on the hole first since I cut it quite some time ago. I set the angle at 16 degrees and took a few cuts, then I figured out I was past the 16 degrees, so I had to figure out why. It turns out I guess I should have had it set on 8 degrees, so i had to clean up the hole to where it went just a bit deeper than I wanted but it still works fine.

I need to cut the piece of HSS in half since it starts touching at the top once the other end gets to the bottom of the cut.
    I might try using my dremel to cut the HSS, It's only a 1/4X1/4.

Have fun with the Dremel... Use an angle grinder.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Comment

The only discs I have are about a 1/4 inch thick. That should be ok though, I think t's 2.250 long.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre3127 View Post
        Have fun with the Dremel... Use an angle grinder.

I found the dremel to work very good cutting the 1/4x1/4 HSS and there wasn't a whole lot of waste.

Comment

Originally posted by hammernanvil View Post
          The only discs I have are about a 1/4 inch thick. That should be ok though, I think t's 2.250 long.
          Get some 1mm thick cutoff disks. They will slice through just about everything under the sun.

Comment

zip disk for sure is quick and easy. failing that, cut a slight notch around four sides on the corner of a bench grinding wheel, put it in the vice, drop a rag over it and smack it with a hammer that doesn't have a mirror smooth face
            in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Working...
            X