Gmail down for anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gmail down for anyone else?

Getting zero ability to send or save messages on my business email at gmail..

I get a nice little message informing me that my message was not sent or saved, for which I am supposed to hit the "OK" button....

I had heard that several providers have been hit and taken down by successful hack attacks today. Verizon, and others.

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

I just sent messages both ways between my 2 accounts and they went through.

Comment

Mines working fine but I found this list

Verizon were having service outages late Monday.

The reason for the outages is still unknown at this point but we'll update you once we get more details.

How to check outage status
      You can check the status of the outages at downdetector.com. Downdetector is a service that monitors service providers and reports if they're having technical issues.

According to Downdetector, Sprint and Verizon had the largest outage areas on the East Coast and California.

Here are the links for each U.S. major cellphone provider's outage map according to downdetector.com:

Verizon's outage map: http://downdetector.com/status/verizon/map/

T-Mobile's outage map: http://downdetector.com/status/t-mobile/map/

Sprint's outage map: http://downdetector.com/status/sprint/map

AT&T's outage map: http://downdetector.com/status/att/map/
      "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
      world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
      country, in easy stages."
      ~ James Madison

Comment

Yes that was on the newsfeed today.

Gmail reports as a server problem. I get mail, or at least I DID get mail earlier this evening, but cannot send or save it. Message for a send is this:

Oops... a server error occurred and your email was not sent. (#007)
        Last edited by J Tiers; 06-20-2017, 12:56 AM.

Keep eye on ball.
        Hashim Khan

Comment

Googling for:
          Code:
          gmail Oops... a server error occurred and your email was not sent. (#007)
          turns up a current thread suggesting it's being caused by antivirus programs.
          https://productforums.google.com/for...ce=forum/gmail

Comment

Originally posted by RichR View Post
            Googling for:
            Code:
            gmail Oops... a server error occurred and your email was not sent. (#007)
            turns up a current thread suggesting it's being caused by antivirus programs.
            https://productforums.google.com/for...ce=forum/gmail
            Which would be very odd, since it quit between 7 and 8 this evening, when no AV had been changed.

I also do not use Avast, and do not have an AV signature.

Keep eye on ball.
            Hashim Khan

Comment

And, of course, I go check it again, and it works fine..... saved the draft, sent the email.

Go figure.

Keep eye on ball.
              Hashim Khan

Comment

We want it free and we want it now! You could have just picked up the phone and called like we used to do.

I'm curious. Does anyone "fax" any more? I can't even remember the last time I used the fax option on any of my printers over the years.

Comment

Lawyers still use faxes. We have to fax them, but always send them pdfs of the same thing!

Comment

Originally posted by CCWKen View Post
                    We want it free and we want it now! You could have just picked up the phone and called like we used to do.
                    And play phone tag....

Email and texts do not have to be "real time" like a call. So, the person is on the phone, in a meeting, etc, and you leave a message, they call back and YOU are in a meeting etc.... Oh, yeah.... it has to be in business hours.....

Email does not have those problems. You send it, it does its work while you do something else. it's called multitasking... you should try it. Your wife does it all day.

Keep eye on ball.
                    Hashim Khan

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                      And play phone tag....

Email and texts do not have to be "real time" like a call. So, the person is on the phone, in a meeting, etc, and you leave a message, they call back and YOU are in a meeting etc.... Oh, yeah.... it has to be in business hours.....

Email does not have those problems. You send it, it does its work while you do something else. it's called multitasking... you should try it. Your wife does it all day.
                      First you post an off topic subject about Business Gmail without the "OT:" tag. Then you ask the whole world if Gmail has a problem when you have the error code right in front of you, and then you have the audacity to make a snide remark at CCWKen when he makes a humorous remark? That's just sad.

Now to add some thread related content. When you absolutely positively need the message to get there, Phone them. This is because email is a (to put it in networking terms) store and forward best effort service. There is no acknowledgement that the message was received unless the recipient allows delivery receipt. That leaves a huge hole where there is the chance for 4 or 5 different email systems to mess up, and that's not even including the addressing errors,DNS errors and over enthusiastic spam filters.

Phone calls, on the other hand, give you instant feedback as to whether the person has received and (in some cases) understood your message.

Dan
                      At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

But it gives no proof if needed & way over 1/2 of the people I call don't have voicemail set up or if they do don'y check it.
                        "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
                        world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
                        country, in easy stages."
                        ~ James Madison

Comment

Originally posted by danlb View Post
                          First you post an off topic subject about Business Gmail without the "OT:" tag. Then you ask the whole world if Gmail has a problem when you have the error code right in front of you, and then you have the audacity to make a snide remark at CCWKen when he makes a humorous remark? That's just sad.

Dan
                          YOU are talking about "audacity"...? Really? Wow.... just WOW.

Back you go on ignore.

Yes I forgot the OT.

AND, "IT" guy.... in case it escaped your minimal attention......... (yes I am being as sarcastic and nasty as you have taught me to be)

IT SAID SERVER ERROR................

Now, using simple words here......the "server" is at the OTHER END of the connection. It is pretty COMMON for there to be "SERVER ERRORS", I get them from time to time on THIS forum, and over at PM. I have seen them at ATT mail, etc. Usually it is some goofy thing and is cleared up in a minute or two.

Since I have nothing to do with Gmail servers, I have no particular reason to go and try to debug the message that says they have a problem.... To me, and to most, that simply is Gmail saying "we have a screwup on our equipment", so I wait and try again. In most cases, the problem is resolved in under a minute. This time it persisted, SEEMING AND REPORTING AS IF IT WERE A GMAIL PROBLEM (which it may have been, since it went away)

Does "SERVER ERROR" instantly make YOU think of a problem at YOUR end? I suspect not.

When it persisted, I asked if anyone else was having Gmail issues..... Seems normal, many folks have asked similar questions

I never asked anyone to solve my problem, I just asked if there was a general issue or not. Google will not answer that question until later, when reports start to circulate.

"Snide" remark? Only to a guy like you.... It was actually simply an answer..... because it IS a legit question.... why not call? So I answered it. And threw in a humorous reference....

So, frankly, you can just bite me.
                          Last edited by J Tiers; 06-20-2017, 02:42 PM.

Keep eye on ball.
                          Hashim Khan

Comment

Originally posted by CCWKen View Post
                            I'm curious. Does anyone "fax" any more? I can't even remember the last time I used the fax option on any of my printers over the years.
                            Fax? That's too high-tech for some of my customers. Some of them want paper invoices posted to them. It's to delay payment IMO. They order with a PDF, but won't start the payment process until they receive the paper invoice (often in duplicate).

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripe View Post
                              Fax? That's too high-tech for some of my customers. Some of them want paper invoices posted to them. It's to delay payment IMO. They order with a PDF, but won't start the payment process until they receive the paper invoice (often in duplicate).
                              hah... The construction biz folks all have a policy of "we pay you when we get paid"..... That has taken as long as 6 months on occasion..... Fax, email, USPS, hand stuffed into the door.... makes no difference.

Keep eye on ball.
                              Hashim Khan

Comment

Working...
                              X