best photography of machining processes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best photography of machining processes

This was on wimp.com The machining is hypnotic, and the photography is the best I've seen!
    https://www.wimp.com/the-best-of-machining/

That is pretty impressive..nice filming..

Comment

Very impressive. Well worth a look or two....
      Wish I could produce such nice looking swarf in my home shop!
      Thanks for posting the link.

Comment

Way cool!
        12" x 35" Logan 2557V lathe
        Index "Super 55" mill
        18" Vectrax vertical bandsaw
        7" x 10" Vectrax mitering bandsaw
        24" State disc sander

Comment

Very interesting and impressive. Shows a lot of different techniques, and nearly perfect cutting tools. A high mark to strive for with cheap manual machines!
          http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
          Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
          USA Maryland 21030

Comment

The fact that it was filmed in HD probably goes a lot toward the quality of the images. Add good equipment to that and, of course, a good cinematographer.

There used to be a magazine devoted to industrial photography. It explained a lot of the techniques used in the day of film photography, both still and cinematography. I don't think it is published any more. Pity!
            Paul A.

Make it fit.
            You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

Yes, it's very impressive video and we could all set up nice shops with the money spent. Most likely a lot of it is promotional video from tooling manufacturers.

My nomination for "Best Photos by an HSM" goes to Doc Nickel. His photos are always well lighted, in focus and well framed. A pleasure to look at and you don't have to guess at what you're looking at or what he is describing.

Too bad he's in Alaska and won't be able to attend the ceremony and pick up his award. Congrats, Doc.

Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by silversprings View Post
                Wish I could produce such nice looking swarf in my home shop!
                -If you were using quarter-million-dollar machines, and thousand-dollar tools populated with $50-a-pop inserts, I bet your swarf would look just like that too.

My nomination for "Best Photos by an HSM" goes to Doc Nickel. His photos are always well lighted, in focus and well framed. A pleasure to look at and you don't have to guess at what you're looking at or what he is describing.
                -Thank you! I don't have a speech prepared, but I'd like to thank...

Too bad he's in Alaska and won't be able to attend the ceremony and pick up his award. Congrats, Doc.
                -Just have it sent to my Estate. One of my butlers will see to it it's placed in the proper trophy case.

Now, while we're on the topic of amazing cinematography, I've got two more for ya: Both by the same guy, the first is called Fabricated. It's a 19-minute short film using puppets the guy made from machined parts, industrial cast-offs, and other 'found objects". Took him ten years to film, 27,000 frames, wore out three cameras, and he moved four times before it was completed.

There's a teaser/trailer on the site, plus some fun behind-the-scenes sections, but the full video is on Vimeo-On-Demand for $10.

The other one is a short video called Woodswimmer, also stop-motion animated as he sands, saws or machines his way through heavily-figured sections of wood. The effect is amazing, and the music it's set to is superb. Definitely worth a watch- or three.

Doc.
                Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

I think he, or she, or It, is cutting into nevergostiff ice cream. Well it could be! Alistair
                  Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Doc how many butloors does ye hav noo bonny laddie? is it faive-ish or six?
                    if'n-yoo iver need a-nither yin or wan tel big Al
                    Job will be worth a good laugh .
                    and also Big Al (that's mahself ) duzznot need moneeee jist wooskey best re-gardzzzz Al
                    Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

All the indexable mills look brand new.

Comment

Working...
                      X