And now for the wrought iron chair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And now for the wrought iron chair

It's not much like the one in the earlier picture, but still it's going to be challenging to build.

Off to a good start.

Trimming the expanded metal so it's just long enough to fold over the edge and not quite to the bottom of the inner ring really made that part of the job easier, and it saved a lot of time, too.
    Last edited by winchman; 06-28-2017, 04:50 PM.
    Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

I sure hope you are a teacher because young people today need talented folks to pass on the trades.
    Very nice work as always!

Comment

Fortunately they already have an excellent instructor who is a talented welder/fabricator with a wide variety of experience. He keeps them busy with realistic class exercises and projects. I'm always willing to help out when I can, and I always explain what I'm doing to anyone who is interested.

I like to think they benefit from seeing the wide variety of things they'll be able to do once they get the basics down.

Just today I was showing one of the students how to weld something thin (in this case, 0.020") to something heavier (0.125") by concentrating the heat on the thick piece, and washing the puddle up on the thin piece just enough to make the weld, but not so much that it burns through.

Just a little on the warm side, I suppose, but not terrible.

Last edited by winchman; 06-28-2017, 06:06 PM.
      Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

Working...
      X