Migtronics welder info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migtronics welder info

Hi. Another new-old addition to the overflowing garage. Garage sale item is a Migtronics 180 machine, made in Denmark. No dealers around Salem, OR. Anyone out there have access to US dealers/parts list/information? Thanks in advance.
    Art

Do you mean MIGATRONIC.
    i have a 180MXE migatronic mig welder.
    Made in Denmark
    you can just see it in the picture of my piller drill here

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net//Fo...ML/007552.html

i have the manual for the machine ......but its very generalised and unhelpful.

perhaps a google search under the right name of Migatronic would yield more results>
    all the best...mark

Comment

Mark has the later Migatronic MXE.

I used to have the earlier 180 /185 MX model and this was a cracking machine, in fact it was the best single phase welder I have ever owned or used - bar none.

This was used comercially and stood up to all that was thown at it.
      On one job it used two of the big 15Kg [ 30# ] reels over a weekend and a bad case of sunburn

I wish I still had this instead of the crappy thing I own at present but after 10 years of full commercial work it did a mini impersonaton of Nagaski on a dark night and it was scrapped.
      Our local agent had moved on to other suppiers and I bought this heap of ****e I currently use.

Just had a look and I still have the operators manual and parts manual with wiring diagrams for the 110v, 200-220v and the 220-240v versions.

------------------
      John S.
      Nottingham, England

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

YUP. I really should take time to read. I have Migatronic Type A, 180MX. I'm going to do a Google search now, using the correct spelling, and will be back if needed.
        Thanks all,
        Art

Comment

Hi John. How and what might I offer to relieve you of your Migatronic 180 manual, etc. I've spent several hours searching on the internet --to no avail.

Comment

Now this gets interesting.
            What do I want that you have ?

Do you have any spare floor you aren't using ?

Let me see what I can get scanned images down to but still readable.
            Have you got cable or a decent download speed,
            failing that I can send a CD over.

------------------
            John S.
            Nottingham, England

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

John, Darn it, the one thing I do not have, is extra floor space. There are 2 tiny pathways remaining in my 2 car garage. A separate shop building is desperately needed here. Your offer is most kind. I have a high speed cable connection, so I'm able to download large files rather quickly. I'll gladly pay for you to prepare and send a CD if you'd prefer. My email address is [email protected]

Thanks ever so much.
              Art Proulx

Comment

Hi John. STOP.. I just finished downloading the operator's manual and parts list from Migatronic's website. While previouly searching, most of the hits I got back were in Danish or some other Scandinavian language. I was able to find it, only after I had Google search for English only.
                Thanks for your efforts.
                Art

Comment

post the url art
                  maybe that operators manual is better than mine
                  may be worth a look
                  all the best..mark

Comment

Hi John. Try the following url to access Migatronic Service site. Use the word "login" as username and also as password. The next page looks very similar but has a menu bar at the top where you'll select "Old Products", and then 180MX from the drop down menu. Thanks again for your offer. Good luck surfing.
                    Art Proulx
                    http://service.migatronic.dk/default.aspx?m=2&i=231

Comment

not john who asked it was me
                      thanks for the url's and instructions
                      all the best..mark

Comment

Mark. A thousand pardons please. Again I failed to read. I can blame it on oldtimers' disease. It took me some time to find the Migatronic service site, having to sort of sort through the foreign language stuff at first. I then got smarter and ask for only the sites that were in English. My machine came with a broken shaft on the wire speed switch, leading to my want for the parts list. Art

Comment

Mark. I never was able to make out your migwelder among all the pretty colors in your shop pictures. A real kaleidoscope you have there. Mine are mostly dull paint, no paint or slightly rust colored.
                          Art

Comment

Happy machine colours make happy opperator.

Makes you look after the machines better , because stains show up like a sore thumb..
                            I dont like depressing looking machines...
                            will take some pics of the welder tomorrow..its now over ten years old.
                            Tip
                            buy an inline oiler for your mig..
                            this is a wadge of felt that clips onto the wire between the coil of wire and the drive rollers.
                            allows you to bend the torch hose more when in confined spaces....stops burn back when rollers slip.
                            A problem I had for years before I bought the oiler kit....American made.
                            btw ...the three phase distribution box's I made a few weeks ago.
                            ALL THE BEST...MARK

[This message has been edited by Mark Jones (edited 08-12-2004).]

Comment

Working...
                            X