Something you don't often see set up on your mill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by old mart View Post
    Are you sure that the mill isn't set up on the job?
    I'm not sure what your saying???
    Or are you asking something??

Comment

Old question when the parts start getting big-Are we putting the part on the mill or the mill on the part?
      I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by wierdscience View Post
        Old question when the parts start getting big-Are we putting the part on the mill or the mill on the part?
        Ahh! Now I get it!
        Yes, It was a big part. We actually used my engine hoist to get it up on the table and set up. Once it was clamped, we released the hoist, but kept it in place just in case.

Comment

That's one of the nicest looking trucks I've seen; very well proportioned! How amazingly fortuitous that the spring pads on the axle were wide enough to allow new mounting holes.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcane View Post
            That's one of the nicest looking trucks I've seen; very well proportioned! How amazingly fortuitous that the spring pads on the axle were wide enough to allow new mounting holes.
            Yes,he spent much time agonizing over those proportions to get it right. That's why we were modifying the axle just to move the tires in 1.5 inches on each side!

Comment

Nice work Sid. What a beautiful truck. Very well proportioned, and it just looks "right". Talented family you've got there.

Comment

I saw the truck in person, this morning at the antique truck show, at Long Branch Park, in Liverpool, NY. The pictures made me believe the truck is black, but it is actually a metallic gun metal gray. A very nice looking vehicle, also met Sid's brother Pete, who said the engine upgrade to a Cummins 8.3L, is happening very soon.
                jack

Comment

Working...
                X