Chevalier mill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevalier mill

I know they're importers but I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with their variable speed manual machines?

Taiwanese made and at least appear to be well made somewhat burly.
    Len

I have no direct experience but over the years we've had several Taiwanese made machines in our shop--never
    been disappointed with any of them. We've had two "First" mills (made by Long Chang Machinery) and they've both
    been excellent machines...
    Keith

Comment

I bought a brand new one still on the pallet 3HP, one of the last manual mills. A company closed while it was en route. Came with the invoice for $14,900. Paid $2000. They make good machine but non CNC machines are not supported at all according to Chevalier. When I started downsizing I had a very hard time finding a new home for it. Like John Deere everyone want's a Bridgeport.

Comment

I've two chevalier T&CG's, no mill, but can comment on the general state of their stuff.

Definitely good but with some warts and pimples getting in the way of great. Both perform well, but some of castings a little crude and there's just crap you wouldn't get with a quality brand - like a hole drilled half off the boss it suppose to be centred on. Overall fine for a T&CG.

On the big one, its also works as light cylindrical grinder. wanting a lot of accuracy there, I scraped the machine and it performs well now
        in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Originally posted by flylo View Post
          I bought a brand new one still on the pallet 3HP, one of the last manual mills. A company closed while it was en route. Came with the invoice for $14,900. Paid $2000. They make good machine but non CNC machines are not supported at all according to Chevalier. When I started downsizing I had a very hard time finding a new home for it. Like John Deere everyone want's a Bridgeport.
          You suck!!! Unless you have another like that.
          ;o)

I spoke with them (and they pronounce the name incorrectly as well) and parts are still available...mostly.
          I just wanted to be sure parts for the VS are still around and was told yes but may not be in stock.

Are these much larger than a Bridgeport?
          Last edited by QSIMDO; 07-06-2017, 05:59 PM.
          Len

Comment

They are like a large Bridgeport, mine had a 10x50 bed, one thing I didn't mention was the table moved the easiest I've ever seen, like it was on ball screws, could run the XY with my little pinky & not hardly feel it. I thought the quality was fine but it was new & had the little red toolbox, even a can of touch up paint 3 miles from me. The young man who I helped set up a shop was a CNC operator in a plant using all Chevalier CNC & said they were very good machines with good support. The "still around but not in stock" parts may be a slow wait. Good luck!

Comment

Had one at work that was used from a sister company. I put new belts on it, easy job compared to a BP VS. Seemed to work good and did a good job.

Jon

Comment

I've got one of their 6x18 surface grinders, probably 25 years old. The X travel shaft broke a couple of weeks ago, and it was much easier to make one from stock than to deal with them on a replacement. I agree with the above comments, good quality with some warts.

Dan L
                Salem, Oregon

Comment

I'd buy all the new ones I could for $2k again if you run across some.

Comment

Originally posted by flylo View Post
                    I'd buy all the new ones I could for $2k again if you run across some.
                    Im sure you would

Comment

Working...
                    X