Does anybody near me know of any hidden Bridgeport type mills for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody near me know of any hidden Bridgeport type mills for sale

I'm looking to upgrade my mill. Even though it be a tight fit I want a Bridgeport or clone mill

Every time on comes up on local Craig's list it gets gone.

Preferably within a 30 mile radius of Charlotte NC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by jdedmon91 View Post

Preferably within a 30 mile radius of Charlotte NC

30 miles? How are you getting it home, pipe rollers and a pry bar?

Add 100 miles to that radius and you should have a lot more opportunities.

Comment

The mule gets tired, 30 miles there then 30 more dragging a BP

Comment

How about a Cincinnati: https://charlotte.craigslist.org/hvo/6198882681.html

Have you tried farm and industrial auctions in your area?
        Last edited by reggie_obe; 07-06-2017, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Edwards View Post
          30 miles? How are you getting it home, pipe rollers and a pry bar?

Add 100 miles to that radius and you should have a lot more opportunities.
          I'm either going to have to rent a trailer or getting the mill picked up by a rollback. So that's the reason

Comment

Originally posted by flylo View Post
            The mule gets tired, 30 miles there then 30 more dragging a BP
            Yep it does

Comment

There is a machine seller in Belmont (probably the closest) and another one in Burlington. They advertise all the time with decent looking machines on Craigs list. May need to stop by and let them know your needs if they don't have anything in stock. They appear to be buyers of shops that close up.

Comment

Interesting I didn't see it. However my concern would be the distance between the table and the vertical headstock for drilling. Also the footprint and total weight.

I'm planning to pour a concrete pad similar to what Keith Fenner did for his shaper

Comment

jdedmon91: Do you have room in your ceiling for a riser block?

Sarge41

Comment

Originally posted by sarge41 View Post
                    jdedmon91: Do you have room in your ceiling for a riser block?

Sarge41
                    Depends I know a standard BP or clone will fit. Just not sure of the Cincinnati because of the size and no quill for drilling.

Comment

Does anybody near me know of any hidden Bridgeport type mills for sale

Originally posted by ncjeeper View Post
                      There is a machine seller in Belmont (probably the closest) and another one in Burlington. They advertise all the time with decent looking machines on Craigs list. May need to stop by and let them know your needs if they don't have anything in stock. They appear to be buyers of shops that close up.
                      The guy in Belmont has a couple of mills but a bit higher than I would like to put in a mill. Burlington is 2 hours away from my home. Kind of like to not transport that far

Just got a quote back on the bench mill form the seller in Belmont. It was more expensive than buying a new large PM bench mill that's similar

Last edited by jdedmon91; 07-07-2017, 02:15 PM.

Comment

The Cincinnati is actually a horizontal, with a vertical head. It almost certainly has power feed to all 3 axis, so you can drill using using the power feed, though that's not the best for small drills.

Comment

Go rent one of these trailers from Sun Belt (several in your area) and you should have a pretty easy load & unload.
                          https://www.sunbeltrentals.com/equip...lift-trailers/

I rented one and took a 5hr drive (each way) to pick up a lathe. Got home and unloaded it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by jdedmon91 View Post
                            The guy in Belmont has a couple of mills but a bit higher than I would like to put in a mill. Burlington is 2 hours away from my home. Kind of like to not transport that far

Two hours too far? You really don't want a mill...

Comment

Originally posted by reggie_obe View Post
                              Two hours too far? You really don't want a mill...
                              That's a 4 hour trip. Besides the day job has been 7 days a week so time is also an issue. That is why I want closer so I can do it after work.

Comment

Working...
                              X