replied
    Originally posted by Tundra Twin Track View Post
    RB can you use that app on a I pad
    Yes

Leave a comment:

• Tundra Twin Track
    replied
    Originally posted by RB211 View Post
    I never hit the limit yet on the free version. They can change the TOS anytime they want, my pictures are not hijacked, they still exist on my phone.
    RB can you use that app on a I pad

Leave a comment:

• polaraligned
    replied
    my pictures are not hijacked, they still exist on my phone.
    I can't imagine why somebody would upload a photo to ANY website and not have a copy in their possession. I always keep the original and resize to upload to Photobucket. The only problem that I see is that threads on various forums that I use will loose the pictures.

Leave a comment:

• PStechPaul
    replied
    Also, it is important to back up the images on your device, whether it is a smart phone, digital camera, laptop, USB drive, cloud, or whatever. Any hosting service (particularly one that is "free") can change their terms or shut down without warning and without recourse to salvage your data. A true webspace host (as opposed to an image host) is probably less likely to go "bits up" or become "lost in cyberspace".

I pay about $21 for three month's service at www.1and1.com, which hosts all my websites and provides email and URL forwarding using my domain names.

Leave a comment:

• dave_r
    replied
    I never hit the limit yet on the free version. They can change the TOS anytime they want, my pictures are not hijacked, they still exist on my phone.
    I was writing about the current Photobucket issue, where they changed the TOS, and images disappear from forums and elsewhere overnight. Tapatalk can do the exact same thing, as the pictures are hosted on their servers.

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    replied
    Originally posted by dave_r View Post
    I believe the free version has a fairly low limit on the number of pictures you can post. It's not exactly clear, as they seem to have most of their support only accessible within their app, and I don't plan on installing it.

And you still are at the whim of another company that can go under or change their TOS at any moment.

Leave a comment:

• dave_r
    replied
    I believe the free version has a fairly low limit on the number of pictures you can post. It's not exactly clear, as they seem to have most of their support only accessible within their app, and I don't plan on installing it.

And you still are at the whim of another company that can go under or change their TOS at any moment.

Leave a comment:

• RB211
    started a topic I use Tapatalk for photos

I use Tapatalk for photos

Tapatalk is a mobile app that streamlines online forums. Since 99% of my photos are taken with my cell phone, they are on my device. Tapatalk allows you to place images in a post you make, and it uploads the images to their server. You still have all your photos on your device. There's a free version and a pro version of Tapatalk. Give it a try, see if it works for you. No need for this PB garbage.
    For instance, this photo...
    Last edited by RB211; 07-10-2017, 04:08 AM.
Working...
X