post-war Packards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• post-war Packards

I stopped when I saw this Packard Clipper on a side street in central Phoenix today. I think it is a 1953 model, never restored but still looking good. We seldom saw these in Seattle -- when I was a kid they were outnumbered even by Kaisers, Hudsons, and Studebakers. Maybe that's why there are no Packard hotrods.

I never had a ride in a Packard, but I hope somebody here can tell us what that was like.

Last edited by aostling; 09-06-2017, 07:00 PM.
    Allan Ostling

It'll cost you $400 to show us that image

Comment

Yep stupid photobucket.

Comment

It would be nice to have some kind of filter allowing users to look into the new thread to see if one of those PB bombs were posted, so we wouldn't even need to bother with it.

Dan L
        “All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party.” (Problems of War and Strategy, Nov 6 1938, published in “Selected Works of Mao Zedong,” 1965)

Comment

It had been several months since I used Photobucket. Is it no longer free?
          Allan Ostling

Comment

Take a look at this thread Allan:
            http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/thr...et-as-the-host

Comment

I confess I never read the Posting Photos thread, since I never had any problems with Photobucket. Now I see that George stopped recommending it three years ago!

Sorry for this. My Packard photo is a beaut, but not worth paying for.
              Allan Ostling

Comment

I'm looking at the photo right here, for free. Did the deal explained in another thread, go to PB when you see the "speedometer", hit refresh a time or two.

Beats the deal "Martin Shkreli's cousin" at PB gives you.

Keep eye on ball.
                Hashim Khan

Comment

Looks good Allen, definitely a survivor.
                  I did the re-fresh thing twice which led me to your PB page for the car and then simply copied the direct link in order to post it here.
                  Nothing wrong with PB. LOL

Edited to add:

I see that now that I've posted the photo Allan's original post shows it as well. LOL
                  Carry on!
                  Last edited by Willy; 07-18-2017, 02:02 AM.
                  Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                  Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

Comment

Those pics don't look like a '53 to me & I have a triend who collects & has barns full of Packards.
                    "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
                    world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
                    country, in easy stages."
                    ~ James Madison

Comment

Originally posted by Willy View Post

Edited to add:

I see that now that I've posted the photo Allan's original post shows it as well. LOL
                      Carry on!
                      What photo? All I see is a square with a meter pegged at 100% that says "Please update your account....blah, blah," in both places.

Comment

Apparently, Photobucket sucks?
                        An easier solution is to upload your pictures to Facebook or Twitter, and then just copy the link to this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by lynnl View Post
                          What photo? All I see is a square with a meter pegged at 100% that says "Please update your account....blah, blah," in both places.
                          Seems everything has changed here for ma as well this AM????
                          After I posted Allan's pic miraculously, his appeared as well, now neither is visible again without going that extra mile.
                          Gotta love that "free" PB account. LOL As that old saying goes, ya get what ya pay for.
                          Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                          Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

Comment

As to the Packard...was it like this one?

https://www.google.com/search?q=1950...TEVZgsLxsGInM:

As a kid my elderly relatives had one. It was like riding in a battleship. Smooth ride, sluggish acceleration, it gave you a feeling you were safe in the event of a collision.

Comment

Back the the steering column impaled a lot of people. I like the old Checker Marathons & Cabs, almost bought a wagon but the front seat didn't adjust & if I moved it they'd be no leg room in the back.
                              "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
                              world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
                              country, in easy stages."
                              ~ James Madison

Comment

Working...
                              X