X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vinegar, age is redundant...
    Jon

Comment

Massive cholesterol. An increment to arteriosclerosis in every shell.

Comment

Originally posted by TRX View Post
        Massive cholesterol. An increment to arteriosclerosis in every shell.
        Not any more. No more low salt diets for high blood pressure and no more low cholesterol diets. Just eat the recommended USDA daily amount. Which is still a restriction for most people. My Dr recommends eggs over oatmeal now (Low simple carb). 2300mg max and 1500mg min of salt and 75gms of fat a day.

Comment

Yep, eggs are not a gauaranteed increase in cholesterol. Besides, the blood test is not a definitive test for plaque in the blood vessels, only a cheap test that insurance companies pay for.

Comment

Just break the shell at the wide end and blow on them. It will separate the shell from the egg.
            Since this is a machining forum, install a compressed air line in the kitchen to do just this
            Helder Ferreira
            Setubal, Portugal

Comment

Report: I followed the link Ken provided above, the "cooksillustrated" method, of boiling water first then lowering the room temp eggs into the water. I cooked a dozen yesterday, and just peeled twp of them for lunch. Success! They peeled very easy. These were about 10 day old fresh eggs from our hens that were kept in the frig until yesterday to let them warm up. I hope the rest do the same.

Comment

Poke a hole in the big end with a pin before boiling. Learned this from a vintage Sunbeam egg cooker.
                Use older eggs.
                Put them in cold water to cool, and change the water a couple times until the eggs actually cool.
                Peel them under running water.
                Works over 95% of the time for me. I bet it will be the same for you.

metalmagpie

Comment

Working...
                X