Small machines & CNC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skunkworks View Post
    Interesting - that is something I know very little about.
    Sam , do a search on either Newkye CNC or CNC workshop. cn
    These are two of the main players. Not a lot of information but if you contact them they will send details and manuals in pdf format.

Three years ago we visited a factory north of Beijing that made all sorts of machine tools. We were only interested in small tools and assesories but the token us over the road to show us their main factory where they first made all the machines for doing giant wind turbines and I mean giant. Slide way grinders to machine the ways for the linear rails with a travel of 52 metres, gear hobber to take a 40M wheel about 5 high.

Rows and rows of CNC machining centres all made in house with the result they then started manufacturing for the home market

They are not unique as St another factory we saw rows and rows of a Chinese bring built with China Fadel badges on them.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson View Post
      If you want preloaded ball nuts just deal with a reputable seller and buy an extra nut, I pay about $20 extra per screw. And shim them for backlash, it's a no brained.
      However bear in mind the quoted errors on decent ball screws far exceed what a cheap Chinese mill can exceed without some work on the quality of build.
      Steer clear of Aliexpress for ballscrews, that is where all the second cousins sell the rejects off. Remember China doesn't make scrap, they just have a sliding scale were the worst goes to the cheapest bidder so one only has ones self to blame.
      If there is trouble fitting ballscrews in, it ain't going to be easier to fit in double ballnuts..... Might not have much travel left on small mills.
      CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

I do CNC retro fits for a living, mostly machines that already have B.Screws on them, but have converted a couple of mills and a lathe for the shop. For the price, I have found Hi-Win ball screws out of Taiwan as an excellent product , + pre-loaded ball nuts, the only down side was the hardness when it came to turning the ends down, ceramic tooling had to be used!.
        Max.
        Last edited by MaxHeadRoom; 07-25-2017, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxHeadRoom View Post
          I do CNC retro fits for a living, mostly machines that already have B.Screws on them, but have converted a couple of mills and a lathe for the shop. For the price, I have found Hi-Win ball screws out of Taiwan as an excellent product , + pre-loaded ball nuts, the only down side was the hardness when it came to turning the ends down, ceramic tooling had to be used!.
          Max.
          What brand of controls do you most like to use?

Comment

I started out using a Fanuc, but they were hard to deal with unless you were an OEM/MTB.
            Went over to Mitsubishi, like night and day.
            Also built my own smaller systems using Galil Motion cards which are excellent, also Acroloop before they were taken over by Parker.
            Max.

Comment

Originally posted by John Stevenson View Post
              Milton with due regard...
              Sniff, sniff; does this mean that (sniff, sniff) I'm no longer worthy (sniff, sniff) of being in (sniff, sniff) your clumsy bastid club? And I thought I'd been doing so good lately!

I guess I'm just a sucker for a pretty .pdf. It looks like a great deal to me. I've seen a tiny trickle of chatter from a couple guys that are in the beta-test group & I have exchanged emails with "cnckeith" of Centroid. It's supposedly well worth the wait. I hope it's not a bait & switch deal.

Hiya Sam; I won't need the full-tilt boogie level software. After reading up on the 3 available packages, the $99 deal is more than I'll need. $365 is still cheaper than paying for the airline tickets & hotel bill for you to come down & install LinuxCNC! That's about the only way I could get it installed & running.
              Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

You underestimate yourself....

Originally posted by DICKEYBIRD View Post
                $365 is still cheaper than paying for the airline tickets & hotel bill for you to come down & install LinuxCNC! That's about the only way I could get it installed & running.

Comment

Working...
                X