Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tall Metric machine screw nuts?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tall Metric machine screw nuts?

    I have some M3 nuts I would like to find a source for.These are M3 diameter 7mm hex and 5mm tall.Is this a standard series in Metric fasteners?Are other sizes available?Or are these something special?
    I just need one more tool,just one!

  • #2
    Not sure, if your stuck use m3 hex spacer and cut a pice the size you need and screw some 3mm thread bar in, I've used 2 nuts to get a deep head a few times too, 7mm head sounds a little deep
    Mark

    Comment


    • #3
      Din6330 comes to my mind but finding those in m3 size might be tricky. Another option is to cut down from longer "coupler nuts"
      Location: Helsinki, Finland, Europe

      Comment


      • #4
        Yep. What MattiJ said.

        https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/coupling-nuts-m3.html

        https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...oupling+nut+m3

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm gonna need too many to cut anything down or make anything.I was hoping to find a source for these in bulk if possible,but looks like they aren't common afterall.
          I just need one more tool,just one!

          Comment


          • #6
            I've never purchased from them, but they appear to have quite the selection:
            Maryland Metrics http://mdmetric.com/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by wierdscience View Post
              I'm gonna need too many to cut anything down or make anything.I was hoping to find a source for these in bulk if possible,but looks like they aren't common afterall.
              If you need metric ****load of them I am sure that some factory will happily make 100 ton batch of m3 DIN6330 nuts... ah well, I guess you don't need THAT many
              Location: Helsinki, Finland, Europe

              Comment


              • #8
                Nothing 7mm across but they do have 6 and 8mm across with M3 threads, 5mm tall, and a lot of different materials.

                RAF Hardware: http://www.rafhdwe.com/metrics/inter...standoffs.html

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by wierdscience View Post
                  I have some M3 nuts I would like to find a source for.These are M3 diameter 7mm hex and 5mm tall.Is this a standard series in Metric fasteners?Are other sizes available?Or are these something special?
                  That seems double odd to me. An M3 should be 5.5 mm across the flats and 2.4 mm high. Is this even a 0.5 mm standard pitch?
                  Mike
                  Central Ohio, USA

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MattiJ View Post
                    If you need metric ****load of them I am sure that some factory will happily make 100 ton batch of m3 DIN6330 nuts... ah well, I guess you don't need THAT many
                    Wouldn't that be a S---t Tonne of them?
                    I just need one more tool,just one!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by genea View Post
                      Nothing 7mm across but they do have 6 and 8mm across with M3 threads, 5mm tall, and a lot of different materials.

                      RAF Hardware: http://www.rafhdwe.com/metrics/inter...standoffs.html
                      Now there is a possibility.
                      I just need one more tool,just one!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Ohio Mike View Post
                        That seems double odd to me. An M3 should be 5.5 mm across the flats and 2.4 mm high. Is this even a 0.5 mm standard pitch?
                        Standard pitch,just everything else is odd apparently.
                        I just need one more tool,just one!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          In the home shop Machinist and Machinist Workshop there is listed a company called Micro fasteners. The handle Metric as well as Imperial fasteners. You might want to try them.

                          Dave

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Google M3 spacers, lots of different styles, lengths and materials.

                            Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X