OT wiring question for storage shed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave C View Post
    The 230 amp welder ( max heat), is a Craftsman that I bought new in 1975. I'll have to do some research to see what amperage it draws.
    That should be listed right on the welder. There should be a tag on the sheetmetal that lists 220V 1PH 60CYCLE and the required current.

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
      If the route goes under any paved driveways or the like, you may REALLY want conduit, since otherwise you might have to dig up the driveway.
      Yes, it's worth putting a conduit under a driveway, even if you don't have anything to put through it. I was setting up a drip irrigation system and found that the thoughtful builder had left me an empty conduit under a driveway that I needed to cross. Without it, I would have had to run around the boundary to get to the other side of the house. Definitely worth spending a few extra dollars on some pipe before pouring the concrete.

Comment

I did the following buried my cable underneath the ground. Although first I removed about forty to fifty foot of an old school fire hose reel I bought for five pounds. Just to be sure I inserted another garden hose with a narrower internal dia. Not to narrow as into that I shoved (beforehand) the wire I needed, leaving about five foot at either end to set into the switch board. either side. All was buried about a foot or more in my garden between the two points I needed it. I took it into the gardeners workshop in these older houses a gardener was employed and he had his own shed with toilet wash hand basin etc. He just used this during his working day. anyway inside there and finally under the houses floorboards all the way to a new switchbox already awaiting it near the front door of our house. Then my friend a gas fitter and electrician and brilliant at both pulled the main fuse and set it up I could have done it but I wanted it signed off by him as he is registered corgi etc. remember this was just for my workshop and all is fine. Alistair
        Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Working...
        X