Buying tools online.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying tools online.

Being in S Africa has its disadvantages in terms of buying reasonably priced tools.We dont really have e bay but I see banggood delivers to S Africa. Has anyone bought some of banggood products. They have a nice range of er collets. They also do mitotuyo verniers but how would I know if they are real or not.
    Anyone with experience.

Originally posted by plunger View Post
    They also do mitotuyo verniers but how would I know if they are real or not.
    Link?

Comment

They also do mitotuyo verniers but how would I know if they are real or not.
      If they spell it that way then they are not genuine.
      Nev.

Comment

Being in S Africa has its disadvantages in terms of buying reasonably priced tools.We dont really have e bay but I see banggood delivers to S Africa. Has anyone bought some of banggood products. They have a nice range of er collets. They also do mitotuyo verniers but how would I know if they are real or not.
        Anyone with experience.
        banggood mitutoyos are fakes, just like the dozens of chinese seller have on ebay.

Comment

I dont know how to link but if you go to banggood .com it will give you a search option. Have a look at there lathe boring bars and inserts and er collets and it looks real good on the photos and the price is amazing.

Comment

You can paste the URL from the web browser into your post.

I searched for "mitutoyo digital" and found this one.
            https://www.banggood.com/Mitutoyo-6i...l?rmmds=search

Definitely fake. Wrong battery, wrong locking screw, and it even says in the description.

It's high quality model made in china, but our component is the same as the original as well as the functon, please rest assured
            Nope, the originals are made in Japan. It might work OK, but it's not a Mitutoyo.

Comment

Yep, Mitutoyo use SR44 batteries.
              Nev.

Comment

Correct. Mitutoyo also doesn't pre-install the battery, or include a spare. You should get one Seiko/Mitutoyo battery.

Comment

Check out Pierre's garage on You Tube, he does a video on CNMG inserts from Banggood.

Comment

I have a 6"/150mm Mitutoyo 500-321 which I paid £75 for 27 years ago, no absolute, but it has a data port. It is still in perfect condition, but I keep it at home and use my two £10 Chinese ones at the museum. They came from Lidl and are not bad at all.
                    Real Mitutoyo measuring instruments are never cheap, I have 15, bought over the last 30 years.

Comment

What do you think of the other tools and prices?
                      https://www.banggood.com/search/er-16-collet-chuck.html

Comment

Anyone with experience.
                        I think most ebay sellers will ship to SA just like to here northern europe.
                        Tools found on chinese/hk ebay sellers and banggood are most often "hobby grade" at best but as I understood the salaries in SA were such that you are probably looking best bang for the buck and not so much top quality.

Comment

I purchased 2 of the Mitutoyo clone calipers from Bangood in August last year for USD30 each. They have performed flawlessly. The screen is always on and the battery NEVER goes flat.

I recently started a test with view to building up some stats to write up a post here. The test commenced with adjusting the gibs then zeroing one of the units. Followed that (over about 2 weeks now) of picking it up each day and giving it a few slides up and down the range, not always all the way but a good joggle at varying speeds, then cycle back to the zero location to see if it registers/displays zero. The good news it that thus far it has ALWAYS gone back to exactly zero; might hover at 0.01mm for half-second but clearly settles at zero ... impressive thus far.

I do have a jo block set and will do some measures there as well before posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Norman Bain View Post
                            The screen is always on and the battery NEVER goes flat.
                            Impressive!
                            Mike
                            WI/IL border, USA

Comment

so no one else finds this whole thing just a bit incredible? Forget about copyright infringement (so called pirating, a civil matter), selling the stuff is counterfeiting which is a crime. Yeah it goes on in dark alleys....but openly on a major retailing site? Perhaps the most incredible is the fine print - essentially saying "hey we know this is counterfeit, but its still really good"...thereby shredding the chance of deniability (well we thought it was real)

I suppose that last line gives them an excuse to the customer base who should be thinking "you scoundrels, you're out to trick me".

Its one thing to buy chinese tools and I'm not a holier than though type, but in trying trick people that its Mitutoyo (THAT is what is prominent, people don't read the fine print) and then openly admitting in the fine print they are peddling counterfeit, well, it just seems over the top. Doesn't that essentially make them a black market vendor perhaps not deserving of our business?
                              Last edited by Mcgyver; 08-01-2017, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X