RB211 Apology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RB211 Apology

I am usually willing to be wrong about something being discussed.

Turns out that I was this time. I conflated three different people ( two in the thread, one in email about the thread ) and responded to the wrong person. You have my apology for that. Turns out that it was my own reading comprehension that was suffering. I would have said as much in the thread itself, but it has been closed. Good day.
    Last edited by Zahnrad Kopf; 08-03-2017, 01:30 PM.

RB211 Apology

I am sorry too, the word "attacked" was way too dramatic for the situation. I also apologize for the "little man syndrome" comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good on you guys for being willing to apologize to each other for getting out of hand with each other.

(btw I never saw the thread you're referring to, just saying good job and respect earned)

Comment

Now exchange wrenches and shake oily hands and you'll be oil brothers forever.

Comment

Good on both of you. I was following the other thread and saw that it was going sideways.
          The display of mutual ground and respect displayed in this thread is refreshing!
          Not that either of you need my or anyone else's approval, but still good to read. Now if only countries of this world would follow your lead...... but that's another thread all togeather.

On a different subject , RB- how is your P39 printing? Are you coming up this way?

Sid

Comment

Originally posted by sid pileski View Post
            Good on both of you. I was following the other thread and saw that it was going sideways.
            The display of mutual ground and respect displayed in this thread is refreshing!
            Not that either of you need my or anyone else's approval, but still good to read. Now if only countries of this world would follow your lead...... but that's another thread all togeather.

On a different subject , RB- how is your P39 printing? Are you coming up this way?

Sid
            My daughter just got out of the hospital today, she became ill with RSV, she's now on Oxygen, at home. I am starting another work trip very soon. When I am not working, my wife needs my help at home. My dad is up there, don't think he even got the boat out. Water is very high.
            So I doubt I will make it up north this year. The P38 is done printing, all I need is time and to order two motors for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zahnrad Kopf View Post
              I am usually willing to be wrong about something being discussed. . .
              Yeah, Gear Head. I almost posted in the other thread that the exchange seemed way out of character for you, but then I figured there was enough going on without me chiming in! Thought maybe you were just having 'one of those days'.

Sure glad it turned out like it did.

Comment

Really sorry to hear of your daughters illness, good thing is oxygen does seem to kill bugs, any little helps, being a parent is the hardest thing I've ever done, talk about worry, sleeping became much more difficult.
                Mark

Comment

Yes I know nothing about this ! but god speed your little daughters recovery and quickly end her suffering. It is true my boys are now fully grown, but your love and constant anxiety at these times never wains. Alistair
                  Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                    My daughter just got out of the hospital today, she became ill with RSV, she's now on Oxygen, at home. I am starting another work trip very soon. When I am not working, my wife needs my help at home. My dad is up there, don't think he even got the boat out. Water is very high.
                    So I doubt I will make it up north this year. The P38 is done printing, all I need is time and to order two motors for it.
                    Sorry to hear about your daughter.
                    All three of my kids when through that, so I know how much it sucks.

Yes water is higher this year, but I haven't heard of to many problems with docks and the like.

Any pics of the completed printed plane?

Sid

Comment

Originally posted by sid pileski View Post
                      Sorry to hear about your daughter.
                      All three of my kids when through that, so I know how much it sucks.

Yes water is higher this year, but I haven't heard of to many problems with docks and the like.

Any pics of the completed printed plane?

Sid

Comment

That looks pretty neat! What is the wingspan?

Sid

Comment

55.5" 3dlabprint sells the model files for printing. It needs a 12 channel radio.

Comment

Does it have a true-to-scale nose down pitching moment in a steep dive like the originals had before they figured out how to fix them?
                            Milton

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

"The thing I hate about an argument is that it always interrupts a discussion." G. K. Chesterton

Comment

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
                              55.5" 3dlabprint sells the model files for printing. It needs a 12 channel radio.

Are the files in .stl format already, or do you have to bring them in to CAD and made the .stl?
                              What did the files cost?

Look forward to a video of it flying.

Speaking of flying, last week was Oshkosh, as I'm sure your aware.
                              So, there I was, is my shop, which faces south towards the lake. About 7:00 in the evening I hear this sound. I look out and coming up the lake, in formation is a B25, 3 P51's an F4u and another I could not identify. They came up from the south and over my house they took a westerly turn!!
                              Something you don't see around here. They were on the deck. I would not be lying if I said that their wings were even with the hills on both sides of the lake! (well, OK maybe a little higher).

I yelled for everyone to come out and see them. My daughter and wife got to. Plus, the sound of them was glorious! I'm a big WWII aviation fan.
                              I can only assume that they were on their way to Air Venture. But why they were coming this far north, I don't have a clue. The weather was pretty bad. Overcast but not raining around us.
                              I called the Syracuse tower the next day to see if they knew anything about them- No, I called the 174 airbase. They didn't either.
                              I called the Geneseo museum- they didn't know anything about them. The fellow I talked to there thought that they might be scud running the weather???

I can't believe that they would not file a plan? I wonder if there is anyway to find out where they were coming from??

Thanks, Sid

Comment

Working...
                              X