No announcement yet.

I Don't See Any Pictures Any More !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Don't See Any Pictures Any More !!!!

I've been reading a lot of new posts but don't see any pics any more, thanks to PB.
    Looks like we've gone from pics to links to pics. Kinda sucks.

JL................

yeah.. can't be bothered for now. I'll get back into it when the weather cools and I have time. Much as a bunch of guys complained about PB, it was easy and to change is not hard, just a bother.

Comment

Yep I haven't decided on a new host so I can post photos.

Comment

Originally posted by ncjeeper View Post
        Yep I haven't decided on a new host so I can post photos.
        Same here.

They don't seem to have blocked me yet at PB, but I quit posting and linking when they put up their notice, maybe that will put me last on the list.

Keep eye on ball.
        Hashim Khan

Comment

The couple I posted couple days ago are still up-

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/thr...rthread!/page3
          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
            They don't seem to have blocked me yet at PB, but I quit posting and linking when they put up their notice, maybe that will put me last on the list.
            I did that too, but they shut me down recently. I didn't have many photos there either.

I switched over to imgur. Been good so far, faster than PB.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripe View Post
              I did that too, but they shut me down recently. I didn't have many photos there either.

I switched over to imgur. Been good so far, faster than PB.
              I'll have to check that out. But have to wonder how long before they pull the same stunt??

JL........................

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
                I'll have to check that out. But have to wonder how long before they pull the same stunt??

JL........................
                Yep, that's why I haven't picked a new one. Can't pre-load images here either. If you don't use them within an hour, they get deleted. Took me that long to figure it out then do a write up for a post. By that time, the pictures were gone. So, no picture of my new Bridgeport. This is the only forum site I visit that makes posting pictures so hard.

Comment

The best solution would be for George to come up with a way for us to drag and drop directly into a post.

Until then, my picture posting days are over. I'm not going to waste any time signing up with some other site and trying to figure out all the associated crap and then get cut off a month later. If PB did it for financial reasons the other free image hosting sites can't be far behind. Every one of them is starting to feel the pinch.

JL...................

Comment

Use Google Photos.
                    https://photos.google.com/

CPeter

Comment

Thank you ��
                      I try it on my photo post

Dave

Originally posted by CPeter View Post
                      Use Google Photos.
                      https://photos.google.com/

CPeter

Comment

Google photos doesn't have a direct link to post in other sites yet, it is possible with a workaround but.......
                        The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Comment

Find the photo you want in google photos and open it. Right click on your mouse and choose "Copy image location". Chose the "Insert Image " on this page and paste in the link from Google Photos.

Comment

PB still working on my side JR

My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

ok got it to work using google, but you must open the image, don't just click on it from the main google page, once open, right click
                              past the image link, but then once pasted I had to go back and change the tags in front and at end of the image from to [img] in front of link and to [/img] at end of link and then poof!
                              ps I got a new hybrid this weekend
                              Last edited by plastikosmd; 08-06-2017, 03:39 PM.
                              "Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment" R.M.Brown

My shop tour www.plastikosmd.com

Comment

Working...
                              X