Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are these things ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What are these things ?

    I bought a box full of tools from a former M.E. student at a yard sale. Not sure what these things are, what they do, or what they would be called. I looked through the MSC catalog under several things to try to find them, no luck. One (or all) of you guys would know I am sure. Sorry about the potato cam. Thanks


  • #2
    pilots for counterbore reamers.

    Comment


    • #3
      ok thanks - i found it ... counterbore reamer with interchangeable pilots - it's so much easier to find stuff online when you know what the name of it is LOL
      Last edited by 01-7700; 09-04-2017, 09:36 AM. Reason: rephrased

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by 01-7700 View Post
        ... it's so much easier to find stuff online when you know what the name of it is LOL
        That reminded me that Google can search on an image, as well as for images. So I took your picture, edited it down to 1 piece and asked Google to find it. In 0.92 seconds it found this:
        http://tinyurl.com/y8392xh8

        Not what you have, but incredibly impressive that it "knows" what things look like.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bob Engelhardt View Post
          That reminded me that Google can search on an image, as well as for images. So I took your picture, edited it down to 1 piece and asked Google to find it. In 0.92 seconds it found this:
          http://tinyurl.com/y8392xh8

          Not what you have, but incredibly impressive that it "knows" what things look like.
          For us ignorant computer users how do you do that?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by plunger View Post
            For us ignorant computer users how do you do that?
            right click on the image> click on Search Google for image.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by plunger View Post
              For us ignorant computer users how do you do that?
              On the Google page "images.google.com" you drag an image into the search bar, or give a URL for an image.
              Last edited by Bob Engelhardt; 09-04-2017, 01:15 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by paul463 View Post
                right click on the image> click on Search Google for image.
                Whether that works depends upon the OS and/or browser

                Comment


                • #9
                  It is amazing how they can match up photos like that so quickly. They are still basically looking at colors and shapes and it doesn't always work but amazing anyhow. It will only get better with time.
                  Last edited by 01-7700; 09-04-2017, 03:06 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks guys.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

                      https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm assuming they don't give those away free by the looks of that (mahogany?) case.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 01-7700 View Post
                          I'm assuming they don't give those away free by the looks of that (mahogany?) case.
                          Not yet. Maybe some day JR
                          My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

                          https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            What sizes did they include as counterbores?

                            Just a list of specific decimal sizes? Or a set increasing by 64ths or 32nds?

                            I have a large number of various counterbores from quite small to well over an inch, but no "sets". The sizes to fit various screwheads vary quite a bit, even just among standard Allen-head socket screws. I'd suppose some set of sizes were the most commonly put in a set.
                            1601

                            Keep eye on ball.
                            Hashim Khan

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              What are they used for? How do they work?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X