No announcement yet.

Work Buildings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JF, such a personal topic. I live near to the general area you are talking about. I have done much research,tire kicking and inspection. there was one of the KENTUCKY STEEL buildings put up by the road on the way home. Which gave me the opertunity to see it up close and personal. I was not impressed at all. we all want a compfortable enviroment to work and play in. I am in the process of building a shop. I am going to use 2x6 walls
    setting on a poured slab.
    sheathed inside and out with "Barn Metal".
    The best book on the subject I have found is
    "building the multi-use barn" I can find the
    ISBN If anyone is interested.
    nothing looks as good as a block building painted inside and out. but we are in the north and block buildings are expensive and expensive to heat.
    Just my opinion.
    Happy Hunting
    archie =) =) =)

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by IOWOLF:
      IF IT IS IN YOUR ATTIC , WHO CARES WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE.

IT CAN BE AS UGLY AS IT CAN BE ,I CAN PRACTALLY HEAT THE SHOP WITH A MATCH.
      </font>
      I assumed you were talking about the typical use for sprayed on insualtion, which is on the walls and ceilings of Quanset hut type metal buildings.

If in the attic of course it doesn't matter, but we're mostly talking metal buildings in this thread which usually means no attic.

Comment

Archie,
        I know about heating, it ain't cheap. Some people in the area have gas wells on their land, so they heat cheap, but I probably won't be so lucky.
        I found a 15 x 20 chicken house in the area, modern construction and was heat with 2 wall type electric heaters, it was well insulated and the chicken moved out 15 years ago. I am not going to live there, but it told me a lot about what is needed to be done.

Thanks,

Jerry

Comment

ITS A FRIGGIN SHOP, I DONT PLAN ON LIVEING IN IT, I DO THE WORK IN IT AND LIVE IN THE HOUSE. AND ISONEEN IS FLAME PROOF, I TURNS BLACK AND GOES OUT.

Comment

I just want it to stay at workable temperature, just get the machines started and let them warm up.

I too, live in a house, the shop should be else where, in my case in the garage.

Jerry

Comment

I live in the house, but the shop is my refuge... no silly sitcoms, no giggly friends..

Just me and the pup and my greasy machines..

[This message has been edited by ibewgypsie (edited 11-11-2005).]

Comment

Working...
              X