• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied

[This message has been edited by pgmrdan (edited 09-02-2004).]

Leave a comment:

• rollin45
    replied
    I have a friend who bought one of the metal type buildings that advertise how easy it is to set up. I'm not sure of the brand name, but one of those that have rounded corners. His is 40x80, so a substantial size, but the "trusses" were more than several guys could handle. These guys do construction for a living, so we are not talking about office types trying to stand the trusses up either.

They ended up being rescued by a guy down the street with an old time crane that made it work. The building once completed is very nice, but its not the "day at the beach" as advertised.

rollin'

Leave a comment:

• ibewgypsie
    replied
    You see these house trailers frames sitting around with the trailer cleared off.

LOOK at one, they are light I-beam with sheetmetal cross supports the floor used to sit on.

Cut the trailer frame up into lengths you want the wall tall.. cut out plate to bolt to the concrete floor. Stand the I-beams up with the cross arms to the outside and weld to the floor plates.. BOLT your metal siding to the cross arms with TEK screws.

Sounds like a $1000 building to me.

I used wood frame on the walls, stood them up and them fastened the metal siding on the stud walls.

I like to take the ridge pole, put a similar sized board on the ceiling joists and put plywood between the two. THIS is so strong you can pull car engines with it easily. It locks the ridge and the ceiling together and spreads the weight across the building.

I have the middle of My 12" ibeam hanging on the affair listed above.. I also have it sitting on the outside wall above my garage double door. I notched the Ibeam and welded the flat back on it so the bottom top would sit on the wall..

OR, you could do what everyone else does, just write a check to some contractor that will rape your wallet.

[This message has been edited by ibewgypsie (edited 11-11-2005).]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi, I do have one. A steel master, i love it. if you wish to give me a call i can tell you an earfull. I would here but I dont type well, and it would take forever.

thanx, rustybolt. I hope the saw is comeing along well.

Leave a comment:

• Rustybolt
    replied
    You mean a pole barn. IOWOLF has one for his shop and it looks good,solid. I think he said the slab was the major cost.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Work Buildings

Work Buildings

I have seen ads for those building that you and a few friends can put up yourself, after have a concrete pad poured. Anyone done this type of building? Any pointers or tips?

Thanks,

Jerry
Working...
X