OT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT

sorry to have to ask here but I need to repair a roll up garage door of fiberglass panels and was told by the local small town lumber yard that they are not made any more- does any one know of a source for at least a few for repairs?

Probably cheaper to just grab a new door from Lowes or Home Depot I put new doors on my old garage and it was very cheap IIRC.

Comment

I need them for repair on an old semi van and thought they would be lighter to operate than the original plywood that it has which are trash.

Comment

get a fiberglass repair kit at autozone or wal-mart

Comment

How about using a roll up style door? I have one on my yard shed and has worked really good been on there 20yrs with no problems.

Comment

I thought the fiberglass roll up would be lighter to lift but they say they aren't made any more so I'm going with square tube frame hanging on 4 big hinges covered with strong barn painted panels. think this would be cheapest and will last pretty well too- why did they drop the fiber glass paneled roll ups?

Comment

Originally posted by im#2 View Post
              I thought the fiberglass roll up would be lighter to lift but they say they aren't made any more so I'm going with square tube frame hanging on 4 big hinges covered with strong barn painted panels. think this would be cheapest and will last pretty well too- why did they drop the fiber glass paneled roll ups?
              Probably because foam core aluminum is lighter and easier to work with.

Dan
              At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

Working...
              X