No announcement yet.

3hp, New GE 3ph motors $49 @Surplus Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For some reason many big drill presses run 1175 RPM. Brian & I both have big Williams? drill press/Tappers that run about that speed. I just thought for $49 if anyone is close & don't have to pay shipping it's good yo have a couple around & a good price.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
      I'm guessing that means you can get a job anywhere....
      Not as many as you can, you have a vast market of choices. But you know that as well as everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by GNM109 View Post
        That would be a good thing for my Enco 13 X40 lathe. It's actually too fast on both the lowest and highest speeds. Top speed is 2,000 rpm which I never use because it's frightening. Low speed is 70 rpm and I'd like to slow it down for slow threading work.
        Same thinking here.
        “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

Lewis Grizzard

Comment

Originally posted by flylo View Post
          For some reason many big drill presses run 1175 RPM.
          -I wish I'd been able to find one back when I had a nice Rockwell vari-drive drill press. It was a great drill, but even at the slowest speeds, much too fast for bigger drills- it would have been fine for a woodworker, but even in aluminum, it was too fast for anything over about 3/8".

I'd tried to find an inexpensive 1175 motor, but could only find one online- in which case shipping to Alaska was just too damn expensive.

I eventually found an Arboga gearhead, and subsequently sold the Rockwell to a woodworker. Slowest speed on the Arboga is something like 80, and with the VFD, I can of course slow it down from there.

Doc.
          Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

Doc, I have 12 new ones, a different brand & heavier 115# each.And if you really want to drill a 100 HP new motor but it's 3450 rpm. I got an Arboga radial drill in the 32 machine buy that was deleted, nice as it's 220 3 phase, has a large table so no tombstone needed. Also am Arboga dedicated tapper the size of a floor model drill press. I also have a PRATT & WHITNEY SIGOURNEY sensitive 3 head heavy as H*LL like this only 3 head http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=317156078 I use mainly for gun work.
            Last edited by flylo; 10-21-2017, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X