Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puckdropper
    replied
    Try opening "Private Mode" on your browser and seeing what will happen. It's a great way to check for cookie difficulties without logging out or deleting cookies.

IIRC, there was some setting for which login thing to use buried somewhere in some options. I had to turn it off for my stepfather's account, don't know how he even turned it on. Short of actually being on your computer, I probably can't help any more than this.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Alciatore
    replied
    No, actually there was a log out button on the page. I may have made a mistake clicking it.

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
    It sounds similar to the re-log-in page that comes up for me every so often, since ATT uses yahoo email.

If your name shows up on the page, just click it, and you should get to the next step, which may be a need to log-in. They have started making folks log in more often recently.

Leave a comment:

• danlb
    replied
    Verizon bought Yahoo and Flickr. Verizon likes pushing premium services via "click to continue" mechanisms. Today we ran into it on a new phone where Verizon sent two voicemails and then brought up their premium Voicemail app to listen to them.

Just watch what you click there for a while.

Leave a comment:

• J Tiers
    replied
    It sounds similar to the re-log-in page that comes up for me every so often, since ATT uses yahoo email.

If your name shows up on the page, just click it, and you should get to the next step, which may be a need to log-in. They have started making folks log in more often recently.

Leave a comment:

• OT: Yahoo "Add New Account on This Computer"

For years I have been a member of Yahoo groups. I don't go there a lot, but have always been able to go to any of the groups directly or from the My Groups page. Now, I try to go to a Yahoo group that I am a member of and I get a page that wants me to add a Yahoo account on this computer. What the heck is this?

It looks similar to the window that Microsoft keeps popping up in my face since I "upgraded" to Windows 10. Both of these windows want you to sign up for something without telling you one single thing about what you are getting into. Do they think I am a complete idiot?

What are they trying to force me to sign up for? Does it involve putting any of my information or data "up in the cloud"? I most definitely do not want to do that. I want my information and data on MY HARD DRIVE and no where else. Is Yahoo trying to do the same thing? WTF?
Working...
X